My Hours ist eine cloudbasierte Zeiterfassungslösung, mit der Unternehmen die Arbeitszeiten der Belegschaft überwachen können. Die Lösung verfolgt die Zeit, verwaltet die Abrechnung und hilft bei der Planung von Aufgaben.
Sie umfasst Kundenberichterstattung, die Überwachung der von den Teams durchgeführten Aufgaben, die Budgetplanung durch die Erstellung von Berichten und die Fakturierung von Zahlungen. Mit dem Projektmanagementmodul von My Hours können Manager kundenspezifische Projekte erstellen, Aufgaben zuweisen und Projekten Personalressourcen zuweisen. Darüber hinaus können Manager Abrechnungsraten pro Projekt, Aufgabe und Mitarbeitendem zuweisen, die für ein Projekt erforderlich sind.
Die Berichterstattungsfunktion hilft dem Mitarbeitenden, seine Zeit zu planen und jede Aufgabe auf Stundenbasis aufzuschlüsseln. Sobald die Aufgabe abgeschlossen ist, kann sie per E-Mail an den Kunden gesendet werden.
Das My-Hours-Dashboard analysiert und fasst die aufgewendete Zeit zusammen, indem es die abrechenbare Zeit und die abrechenbaren Beträge für jedes Projekt berechnet. Darüber hinaus können Management und Teamleitung Aufgaben in Echtzeit an Teammitglieder delegieren und die Kosten für jeden Mitarbeitenden berechnen. Support gibt es per E-Mail.
Kim M. Branche: Pharmazeutika Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Great way to help me prepare my invoices for clients
It is really easy to set up. Day to day it works great! And I love that it is free - for 1 person and not a team to use, the free version makes the most sense.
They often upgrade things and then I have to figure out what the changes are Sometimes the changes are not for the best.
Nadege B. Branche: Vorstandsbüro Mitarbeiteranzahl: Selbstständig
Response time of MyHours is amazing. You click, it starts. Some other software are simply too slow to process information or start tasks and I'm always wondering if the task timer has started or not. Also, this UI actually incites you to take notes which is never something you do naturally because, at that moment, you KNOW what you are working on. However, two months down the line, when the client says "what is this 4h30 log there ??", you can respond clearly "Oh you called me and you procrastinated for hours before making a decision, that's why it took so long dude !" :))
- Its user interface is pretty, fast-reacting, intuitive. It takes no time to understand how it works.
- You can assign the same task to various projects, which is pretty cool : the fact that I have several projects where the same tasks apply (I manage a client's clients and for each of them, I have translations, website audit, profile analysis to do... So it's great to create the task once and for all and assign it to each sub-client).
- With the invoicing feature, you can see immediately what's been invoiced, what's to be invoiced. As a freelancer, this is great as you don't necessarily invoice all your clients at the end of a month. Some yes, but some are invoiced at the end of a project. No looking around, exports, calculations, to see who needs to be invoiced.
- Because of how it's set up, unless you are really not focused, it's pretty impossible to have logs that don't correspond to a project and a client. My previous time tracking softwares were leaving me with unidentified logs that kept me wondering for hours on what project / task I worked three weeks ago, at 1.21am !! :) I ended up deleting logs because I had no clue if it was a mistake or a real work log...
- You can set up hourly rates per task or per project or per team member. That comes in handy because, in my case, I have different clients that I charge differently. And within the same client, I also have different rates depending on the project.
- Pricing is spot on.
Liking "least" is not how I would define it... I would say there is room for improvement in a couple of areas that are, right now, not critical for me (but might be for others):
- No integration (that I know of) with productivity software / project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Monday, Slack, Airtable, etc...). For some, it will prove a bit wasteful to have tasks in those apps and to have to repeat them in MyHours.
- Filtering is limited. For example, I have two clients that are close partners and even though I invoice them separately, projects are intertwined. I need to group those two clients together when I report and analyze time spent on projects. Right now, I can only filter one client at a time and I would appreciate filter where you can multiple select.
- Like all time trackers I know, MyHours also doesn't provide a really great to have feature : providing a read only view for clients of logs applying to them. For example, one of my clients for whom I work on a daily basis needs to know my "count" for the month at any given time, so he knows if he can give me more work or not, since we are on an hours package basis... Having a permanent URL where he can check on his own where I'm at and what I've worked on and how long would avoid time wasted for him asking me and time wasted for me telling him :)
Antwort: Spica 19.7.2019
thank you so much for your kind review.
Below are my short comments:
1. We are indeed slow on the integrations part. Will improve on this front very soon.
2. You can, in fact, select multiple projects or clients in reports. Maybe it is not straightforward enough. Please, contact support to learn how.
3. Shared reporting would make total sense, thanks.
Thank you for your suggestions and kind words.
My Hours Team
Bob R. Branche: Schreiben & Editieren Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
As a small business with only a handful of clients, it's vitally important for me to know how much time I'm actually spending on a project. I've tried various time-tracking tools and My Hours is, by far, the best value of the bunch: Just the right amount of functionality without too many complications, and at a fair cost. I've recommended it to others on several occasions.
My Hours is an affordable, simple system to track time for anyone or any organization that works by the hour. I started with it as an individual and it was a great tool for helping me improve my estimates and increase profitability of the work I took on. I've since expanded it to a small team, and it's my main resource for time management and substantiating client invoices.
There are a few issues, such as the selector window shuts down when you reach the bottom of a list - so if you're just a little bit heavy on the mouse and miss the right moment to click, you end up having to go back and re-select the client/project etc. Also, a recent change in the way reports work has forced me to change the way I do billing. I find it frustrating but no more so than the unanticipated changes every online service provider makes from time to time.
Kate Y. Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management Mitarbeiteranzahl: 11-50 Mitarbeiter
Overall, this has been a great tool for my personal use and has helped me see where I spend my time (and where I should spend more!)
I use this tool for my own personal time tracking to see how I am managing my time across multiple projects and I like how easy it is to use on my desktop for this purpose.
I have not had as much luck using this software on mobile as I would like. It can be cumbersome which can make it tricky to track when not at my computer.
Brian S. Branche: Marketing & Werbung Mitarbeiteranzahl: Selbstständig
As a freelancer, my ongoing success depends on my ability to get paid for my work. As such, an accurate and flexible time tracking software is quite possibly the most critical software function in my business. I cannot accurately bill my clients without it. My Hours does everything I need it to do, and is in an easy to use and functional format with a clean, uncluttered interface. It's become an indispensable tool for me.
There was very little learning curve. I had changed to My Hours from an old tracking software from another vendor (which I had used for many years) and was initially concerned that I would lose productivity when switching to the new software. But I was wrong. I was up and running in less than an hour.
Once I got it running, I quickly realized that it was more flexible than the old software I had been using and would enable me to do everything I was accustomed to doing with the old software but with none of the problems that drove me to change. It's been a painless and seamless change to using My Hours.
At first the user interface took some getting used to, and some of the features were in unfamiliar or unintuitive places, but that quickly became a non-issue for me. And the company is always making incremental improvements.