Zendesk is a cloud-based help desk management solution offering customizable tools to build customer service portal, knowledge base and online communities. The solution offers a customizable front-end portal, live chat features and integration with applications like Salesforce and Google Analytics. Zendesk is used across a wide range of vertical markets including technology, government, media and retail, from small to large.
Zendesk’s online customer portal helps support agents to keep track of tickets raised and their status. Customers can go through existing tickets to find answers from queries similar to their question and if not satisfied, customers can raise their own tickets in the portal. Zendesk also offers branding of support pages with business logos, themes and brand images.
Zendesk allows businesses to build a knowledge base to address some of the most prominent and repetitive questions, so that customers can go through the basic set of queries asked in general. Using Zendesk, businesses can also set up an online community where their customers can post queries and reply to ongoing discussion threads.
Ashley E. Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste Mitarbeiteranzahl: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
I have had several smooth years using zendesk and really love using it for every ticket incident I have to resolve.
I can manage my tickets with ease using Zendesk. It provides me with the perfect user interface to easily navigate between all my tickets and incidents. This tool is also widely used making it great for training new colleagues and customers to use this for internal systems.
The software is great however it can take a couple of hours to get used to the flow of tickets and interfaces in comparison to some other CRM software. Once familiar this is not an issue.
Ted F. Branche: Metallabbau Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Horrible. I only use this software because it would be a hassle porting all existing tickets over to a different platform. I needed billing support from them, and my ticket was 'escalated' to the Finance department, but nobody ever got back to me in time. Literally a few days went by and not one word from my Zendesk agent. They have a poor support system. So, if you don't ever need help with anything and know what you're doing, then ZD is probably for you.
The software functions nicely. It is very well put together. They make it easy to run a help desk.
The support, or lack thereof. If you need support for this software, they take a long, long time to get back to you. You better know what you're doing, because if you need to get a hold of them, I wish you the best of luck.
Sama A. Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
overall, great customer service but bit pricey for startups
the AI based chatbot for responding to questions for customer support and how much time this can save
the extra cost required for hosting in EUR per GDPR compliance, this was excessive compared to other suppliers
I struggle to find good things to say. It works and rarely has performance problems. If you need very basic support ticketing and are just starting out, you could use it and be successful. We did. But the functionality and support for those organizations between startup and large corporation is nil. If we were a very large organization, I could see it being a valuable product.
1. It is incredibly difficult to keep track of business users. When you are a SaaS supporting clients who have end-users, organizing tickets and documenting issues is very important to find patterns. This is not possible in Zendesk, at least at the Team feature level. There is not a central location for information for an organization outside of a Notes box that is basically a tiny sidebar textbox that allows no formatting to make notes over time readable.
2. There is no way to reference individual comments in a ticket because individual comments do not have their own IDs. This makes it very cumbersome to keep succinct notes and refers back to my first point. The only way we can review a client's history is through wading through a bunch of tickets with an endless stream of comments. I can't get a good timeline overview of their experience and issues, which is so essential to good issue triage.
3. Lack of features for those at the less pricey levels is pretty bad. There's no way to make our contact forms more customizable (like having a message to the person on the ticket - there is only limited description area and those are question/field based) and we don't have access to conditional logic on the forms. So we are left with clients just throwing issues at us without getting good information from them to get a one-touch resolution. The way Zendesk works it forces us to give lower-quality support.
4. There's no exporting your ticket information or running any sort of report if you are using the Team or lower feature level. These, to me, should be basic features as they pertain to the most basic of needs for any support team. Not only that, it ties you to the product and punishes you for leaving. We can't move to another product because we can't take our ticket history with us.
5. The features and performance is inconsistent. For example, there are "Triggers" and "Automations". Triggers and automations are the same. The only difference is the automations are time-based. But they don't tell you that in the interface - there's nothing telling you what is required to set up the automation in order for it to pass validation, only an error message. And by following the instructions of the error message, you can still get more errors. But there's nothing there to tell you the overall requirements so you can avoid errors in the first place. And in the Triggers interface, they leave out a large amount of placeholder options for seemingly no reason, so you have to go find the placeholder references for yourself.
In my opinion, Zendesk doesn't have the user in mind. They put out new features and integrations, but the core product is so severely lacking that it seems like they feel they are operating on auto-pilot and their product needs no update itself. It's a shame, because it was probably was a good product with a lot of potential back when it first started up.
Verifizierter Rezensent Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
I love Zendesk. I suggest it to everyone to use. It's not robust like Salesforce but worth the investment.
The product is so easy to use. You can integrate any software to it to make your support processing streamlined and simple. We integrated JIRA, Slack, Gmail and TalkDesk. Zendesk also allows you to create a knowledge base within the system.
Setting up automations can be difficult, but rewarding once you have the process down. Also, searching for previous tickets for reference can be tedious and all over the place.