Alvaro I. Branche: Internet Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Help us at a time we were growing the company, so right now we are more efficient and have real time data because of Netsuite.
- Very Robust and Fully customizable
- Have an API and so connect with third party and other tools you use internally can be definitely doable.
- Multiple currencies, locations and internationalization help you when you have to access in different subsidiaries
- Have great tools for making reports
The support have been great the last 2 or 3 times I used it.
- Sometimes tends to be slow, It seems like that was a problem with the implementation but in general it feel slow.
- The UI looks old, but does what you need.
- The documentation is really heavy and sometimes is hard to find things there.
Mark W. Branche: Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
NetSuite has served as well as a full-feature ERP system. We can manage many aspects of our business all in one system including managing projects, recording timesheets, order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, internal case support, CRM, and more.
I feel that NetSuite is much easier to learn and more intuitive than other systems, but it still requires time to set the system up for a company's individual needs. NetSuite is set up for wide-ranging customizations, but in many cases these customizations are necessary to get the full benefit of the program. Our time investments in NetSuite have paid off, but the program definitely requires a lot of love to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
I really like the user-friendly appearance of NetSuite, especially compared to other older systems. I think the appearance makes NetSuite inviting and accessible. In general, the program is easy to learn, and NetSuite does multiple updates every year to add to the features.
There are times where it feels like features are inexplicably absent from NetSuite. Users have the ability to submit enhancement requests, but it can take years before these are implemented. Additionally, tech support can be hit and miss on providing effective solutions to problems.
Kathy S. Branche: Einzelhandel Mitarbeiteranzahl: 11-50 Mitarbeiter
Overall, I do like Netsuite. There are moments that it is frustrating, but I love that we have most of our information in 1 system. It makes it so much easier when you have multiple stores and websites. We have had some features we have added on through other vendors, but for the most part, our employees can find what they need by looking in our Netsuite system, without having to look in multiple products. That convenience is worth a lot to me.
I like that everything is in one location. We aren't having to export all of our inventory to a separate system, in order to have a website. It makes it so much easier for all of our employees, rather that having to log into multiple systems, to get real time information about inventory, orders, etc.
The product that we use for our website, SiteBuilder, is really in need of updates. My understanding, is that a lot of customers are still using this, but it is considered "deprecated", so it no longer gets updates. The problem is, that the other website platforms that you can upgrade to within Netsuite, are very difficult to customize. We have been told that the new "midrange product", really can't be customized at all. Suite Commerce Advanced, the top level product, would solve some of the issues we have with SiteBuilder, however, it is EXTREMELY expensive. Just the implementation costs are huge, but everyone we talked to when considering switching to the product, said that there isn't a real upgrade path. As new versions come out, you really have to re-implement your website. Since it is supposedly difficult to modify on your own, that means more implementation costs as new versions come out. Because of this, we have opted to stay with SiteBuilder, and work with 3rd party vendors, to try to get us some of the features that SiteBuilder is lacking. Although we do run into issues, overall, this has been working for us, and allowing us to keep everything in one system, which is very important to us.
Tony M. Branche: Unternehmensberatung Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
customisability to suit needs of our growing business
cost to set up and run and for employees to be able to successfully use
Mariana V. Branche: Biotechnologie Mitarbeiteranzahl: 11-50 Mitarbeiter
- The implementation has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. The sales team pushes for a sale that does not include all the client's needs, resulting in the need for change orders which causes delays.
-The implementation team is friendly and proactive but inexperienced/ with little supervision - I can tell they are working hard to find solutions for me, but they seem to be scrambling to figure things out without proper help/ and experienced person in the team.
- They have a tendency to promise things they are not able to deliver - for example, they sold me a 3-way match solution that they were not able to deliver it. Their excuse is that it wasn't working because of the partial receipt feature we need. Still, to me it is a very serious issue if they are selling things they can't deliver.
- Lastly, as it relates to reviews that you can't customize NetSuites, the truth is, you might be able to, but it will most likely be out of your scope. Although the change order may not be extremely pricey, the delays on the project may be extensive. And I'm not talking about 'unique customization' - I would think blanket POs/ partial receipts, 3-way match would be included in the original sales of a client that made extremely clear that the Procure to Pay module was the most important module to them.
- The software allows for some visual customization of the home page based on each role that is easy to do without the help of a programmer. For example, customize the views for each roles, set up alerts, etc.
- The search bar within the software works extremely well, which makes it easier to navigate;
- The use of the software is intuitive and easy to follow/ learn;
- The SuiteAnswers articles are very helpful in answering questions/ showing how to do anything one may need in the system.
Before selecting this software, I read several reviews saying the biggest issue was the how difficult it was to customize the software. Here are some actual examples:
1. If you want a new field (which they call segment) to be tracked for reporting purposes, you need to create a costume segment, which wont be part of the basic product the sales team sells to you. Also, just found out that it can not created as a mandatory field.
2. All NetSuite modules are standard/ out of the box. Even though we emphasized that Procure to Pay was the absolutely most important module to us, the sales team pushed the basic procure to pay module, which did not include Blanket POs or 3-way match. The thing is the sales team pushes the basic solutions to close the sale, but then later you are stuck having to process change orders, which although are not very expensive, each take about 2 weeks to process, delaying the project.
3. After delaying our project to include 3-way match and blanket POs (2-week delay), the implementation issues begun. It turns out that the 3-way match that they sold to us does NOT work. What the system was able to do is a 2-way match. Also, the system does not allow for an approval flow for releases of blanked POs. Lastly, the costume segment can not be a mandatory field as it doesn't work on blanket PO releases.
In Summary - The sales team will push their most simple out of the box version, upgrades result in delays.