AdvancedMD is a unified suite of software solutions designed for mental health, physical therapy and medical healthcare organizations and independent physician practices. Features include practice management, electronic health records, medical billing, patient engagement tools, telemedicine functionality, patient charts, reputation management, financial analytics and business intelligence reporting that all work together to automate medical practice workflows.
Integrated workflows automates the patient journey and improves the patient experience, starting with self-scheduling onsite or telemedicine appointments. Reminders can be sent to via text or email to notify of patient appointments . Using automated functionality, insurance eligibility verification for next-day patients runs automatically and alerts staff of potential issues. Intake and consent forms are sent through a patient portal and automatically collected into the patient chart.
With a physician dashboard, charting and prescriptions can be done from a centralized location. Charge capture occurs during the charting process without billing staff needing to copy or paste.
AdvancedMD's cloud platform provides remote access and the highest levels of data security available. AdvancedMD is browser agnostic for Mac and Windows operating systems and is available for any mobile device via an iOS and Android app.
Yaima O. Branche: Buchhaltung Mitarbeiteranzahl: 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Excellent experience with Advanced MD. They take suggestions and ideas and implement some of them.
AdvancedMD is a system that you can trust to do your billing. We can bill, track claims, verify insurance coverage and post payments easily.
I feel that medications on the EHR side needs to improve and more billing reports.
Darin P. Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
The customization of AdvancedMD is extremely useful especially for multi-specialty clinics. We're able to customize the workflow for our different specialties and drastically reduce the amount of time it takes our providers to complete their documentation.
A lot of the features are dependent on the user's commitment to learning the platform. If you're not willing to put in the time to learn the system it could lead to a lot of frustration.
Harlan H. Branche: Psychische GesundheitsfÃ¼rsorge Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
If you're looking for a powerful billing platform this may be a good system for you to consider. However, if you're looking for a full PM/EHR system to manage a mental health practice this system is not ready and costs too much for what you get.
- Great billing platform with many ways to keep track of claims and payments
- We're able to manage 3 locations with a single system
- The system overall has a lot of great capability and most of the functionality we were looking for in a PM/EHR system. However, as noted below there are issues with how some of these capabilities work.
- Templates can be customized
- The EHR is not user friendly and leads to many new users creating notes that are not connected to a session as well as multiple redundant notes for a session.
- There is no easy way to track missing notes other than going session by session for each chart
- The standard reports are generally not very helpful as they provide few ways to customize and filter. The filters that are present are often not logical ways to filter data. What's more frustrating is that there are actually more useful reports that are in the system but they cost additional money to be added to a user's key. For example, a common filter type is to filter a range of providers alphabetically. AdvancedInsight does provide an enhanced reporting capability (for an extra cost) that relies on Internet Explorer and MS Silverlight all of which are old technologies. It is also somewhat difficult and time consuming to learn and still does not provide the ability to customize reports in the standard report capability. For that you have to pay AMD to make the changes or to add the report that already exists to your key.
- Printing chart notes requires a time consuming process of creating a Microsoft Word Merge template for each note template and then printing each note one by one. The Word Merge templates are complex to create and manage.
- Our sales rep guaranteed us a 95% first pass acceptance rate. After 7 months we are at 89%. There are several reasons for this and the company has provided us a credit but don't be fooled by the promises of their sales team.
- Adding new providers can take up to a month. Again we have been promised a 24 hour turn around time and yet sometimes have to wait weeks to get new providers added to our system. Note: we have the ability to add Users but only AMD can add providers.
Lois E. Branche: Psychische GesundheitsfÃ¼rsorge Mitarbeiteranzahl: 13-50 Mitarbeiter
We have been very pleased with AdvancedMD. The support contacts are easily accessible and provide assistance until the issue is resolved. The support team have always been courteous and professional. I am happy that AdvancedMD was chosen and it has proven to be a wonderful system for both practice management and EHR.
When our office began the process of implementing EHR, we reviewed multiple systems, narrowed it down to the top three, and then had demonstrations. AdvancedMD came out on the top due to the ability to customize documents for the chart and also text documents. We are able to run reports from the information that we have "customized" into the chart notes, which has been extremely valuable. The AdvancedInsight feature has also been very helpful in generating reports customized to specific needs that we have.
The prescription feature could be improved upon. Providers would like to select multiple prescriptions and send refill with one click. Our clinic has multiple services offered and we would love to see additional options with the scheduling feature so that a "block" of different services could be scheduled at one time.
Erin B. Branche: Medizinische Praxis Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
We have been on this system since 1/2013. The conversion went fairly well. Since we are a very large practice with 24+ physicians and 16 locations, we understand we want/need some very specific reports. We have been able to figure out most of them with a variety of report types. I partake in the Product Advisory Group where we can voice suggestions for improvement and get to add feedback on future upgrades, etc. Compared to the system that we had converted from, this was a dream!
Has an easy to use, ad hoc reporting system to pull quick reports from Flex Reports. Training videos available at all times as well as the system user manual. System interfaces with our EHR system so charge entry is no longer a manual process.
The payment posting for insurance companies is not user friendly and needs an overhaul. But much better than our previous system. Lack of ability to effectively track prior authorization use but they are working on an enhancement. Payment plans for patients for balances on accounts is non-existent. Upgrade for custom reports writer is not user friendly.