LearnDash Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über LearnDash

LearnDash ist eine cloudbasierte Lernmanagementplattform, mit der Bildungseinrichtungen und Unternehmen jeder Größe Online-Kurse entwerfen, verfolgen und verkaufen können. Zu den Hauptfunktionen von LearnDash gehören ein...

4,4

Don
Don

Bewertet am 4.6.2020

I chose LearnDash for flexibility

I've been very pleased with LearnDash. It's well-designed, well-documented, and well-supported. It scales well and I look forward to continuing to work with it well into the future.

I had been using a hosted LMS, but grew frustrated with the artificial limitations imposed on me by its design. I made the decision to switch to LearnDash for the flexibility, so that I would be able to manage and present my courses in whatever way I deemed appropriate for my customers, and so that I would have full control of my content. (The hosted LMS would not let me keep my own backups!) I also wanted to have full control of the user experience.

There really aren't any cons, as long as you understand this is a large application with many options. The learning curve is substantial, but absolutely worth the time and effort required to master it.

Teachable und LearnUpon

Warum LearnDash gewählt wurde

See my previous comments.

Zuvor genutzte Software

TalentLMS

See above.
Casey

Bewertet am 24.2.2022

Awesome Tool

Complete package, well designed and easy to use for a complicated need.

Initial integration was time-consuming, wished it has better features or a tie-in plugin for user management since WordPress user management is poor. Learn press had compatibility issues with WP User Manager (learn dash restoration process was broken with using wp user manager wouldn't create user password on registration) which left me having to do a lot more work to build a user management process

Karen
Karen

Bewertet am 18.10.2018

Easy to Use but Ugly User Interface

Lately I have been thinking that because I don't use the quizzes, etc. I could have skipped the whole LMS thing and just created pages or posts that link to the next. Luckily LearnDash is not too expensive so now that it is looking nice (thanks to custom coding), I will probably just stick with it.

Working with LearnDash is very easy. It works very similar to the other functions in Wordpress. You create a course, add Lessons and then Topics for each lesson.

For example, the course could be about How to Be a Real Estate Investor. In that course, you might have multiple lessons like How to Flip Houses, How to But Rental Property, How to Finance Real Estate, etc.

The you add the detailed Topics. For example, How to Flip Houses might have things like How to Find Greta Houses to Flip. How to Fund Your Flip House Projects, How to Manage the Rehab. You get the idea...

It's literally copy and paste for text and you add graphics the same way you would to any page or post in Wordpress.

Also, you can have quizzes, delay the release of certain content, offer certificates and points for completion, sell your courses, interact with users based on actions they take, set timers for each lesson, set prerequisites for courses, and offer grading and badges. You can also offer the courses in bundles and even create a marketplace similar to Udemy where people can buy your courses.

It integrates natively with many membership softwares including Memberium and also with many email providers and CRMS including Infusionsoft. It;s responsive and even works with SCORMs.

Here's what I don't like. It's ugly. The user interface is plain and not very intuitive. You have to buy other add on's so users can do things like take notes, and so that you can begin to have an interface that looks better than native Wordpresss. In other words... ugly.

With all the work they put into this software, it is so crazy that they did not spend time on the user experience. It's hard to tell if you're in a Lesson or Topic. It's hard to navigate around the course form Lesson to Less or Topic or Topic to Topic and don't even think about jumping around. The only way to solve these issues is to use precious sidebar real estate for this navigation instead of being able to showcase other offerings. That or your sidebar gets really long.

The interface showing which items have been completed and which have not is also ugly. And while you can buy add ons, those are "meh" at best. I finally broke down and hired a developer to tweak the code and make me a nice interface with great navigation, awesome graphics and stats for users in each Lessona nd Topic and so on.

Antwort von LearnDash

Hi Karen, thank you for your review! Regarding the visual components in LearnDash, these are soon to be updated in LearnDash 3.0 - we think you will really like them!

Beantwortet am 24.10.2018

Die besten Alternativen zu LearnDash

• Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 11.12.2023

This is my recommended LMS for my customers

The fact I recommend this LMS says it all—a great product and add-ons. Don't hesitate if you are researching/deciding on an LMS for WordPress.

LearnDash is my go-to choice of LMS for my WordPress customers. One customer in particular had a complex set of requirements, of which LearnDash was able to deliver. With some customisation and add-ons, we have a fantastic LMS solution. Even out of the box, for simpler solutions this product rocks.

The LearnDash support team are amazing, especially Shalom, who has been incredible support. Support teams make or break a product after sales.

Once you understand the Groups/Users assignment hierarchy ( especially for UI shortcodes ) you are rolling. That element took some head-scratching, but, with great support ( see above ) it's all clear.

Robert

Bewertet am 10.5.2021

The most flexible online LMS platform for small to mid-size schools, organizations, and...

LearnDash has been a very helpful tool for many of my clients, whether it was small colleges looking to take courses online, teaching organizations providing Continuing Education Credits, or individual experts looking to take their classes online.

Because it's based on WordPress, LearnDash not only comes with a lot of customization settings out of the box but plugs into a huge community of themes and plugins that can take your design and functionality practically any conceivable direction!

Some third-party developers created low-cost add-ons that didn't provide as reliable of a codebase as the core LearnDash software. Stick with reputable developers for third-party add-ons such as those mentioned on their website.

Moodle

Warum LearnDash gewählt wurde

LearnDash provided a larger community with more integrations, a better interface, and additional features.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

LearnDash was more flexible and user-friendly it's integration with WordPress provided access to a much wider community.
Carlos
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 30.12.2020

LearnDash let you build a great e-learning structure

The Learndash team is on it. Once you create a ticket for any question or concern, they will response quick fast, efficient and direct you to the right path with clear instructions. GREAT SUPPORT TEAM!!!!

It offers deep functionality that lets us build and customized courses for the management team. Very well structured and run smooth.

Nothing about the functionality of the software , but the integration of third- party plugins to some important functionalities that should have like a robust reporting, a student (user) portal page and a gamification structure.

Eric

Bewertet am 26.1.2020

Awesome Support Team

Overall, my experience with LearnDash has been wonderful. It is an easy-to-use tool that is the basis of our eLearning platform

- Ease of use and set-up
- Built-in functionality to present users courses in an organized way
- Compatibility with multiple plug-ins and themes
- Great value for the price

- Sometimes the features are a bit restricting

Aaron

Bewertet am 20.7.2020

PharmacyTechScholar.com

Setting up an online course, on my own hosted website and with my own branding, has been a great experience. It has allowed me to customize my branding and create a strategy accordingly, which I think is a preferable approach compared to building a course on a universal platform.

Building my course using LearnDash was simple, even though I had no previous experience in building a webpage. I really like the interface and the ability to customize the branding. My students have had great feedback about the format of the course, especially since I switched to focus mode.

I'm still learning the software so not I'm note quite sure yet. User management and setting up reporting and email strategies could be better, but there are some add on solutions that may help with this.

Gitte
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Bewertet am 31.12.2022

Top 3 Learning Management Systems

This is perfect for small businesses that offer specialized training for purchase.

I like that I can clone my courses and integrate them with many different apps. The participants of my course have found the interface easy to navigate.

Being a senior, the learning curve took some time to overcome and was frustrating at times but it has a lot of possibilities if you have technical knowledge.

Teachable, Moodle, Tutor LMS und Thinkific

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

After a lot of research, it seemed to be the most reputable LMS app on the market, compared to using an LMS platform like thinkific.
Victor
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Bewertet am 8.11.2020

Great product and reactive support

All the options for the courses, topic and quizzes. You can do absolutely what you want in a hierarchical way.

Design aspect, you need add-ons to customize or at least custom CSS.

Tutor LMS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

Free Elementor integration + many ressources (Blog / documentation)
Aimee
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin

Bewertet am 8.9.2022

User Experience is Dated, Not worth time investment

I spent about 20 hours installing this plug-in and trying to set it up in WordPress before I stopped and decided to go with Teachable, which is another LMS platform. I was paying $30 a month for LearnDash but it’s not at all worth $30 a month. The support was poor and the user experience felt like the plug-in itself hadn’t been updated in a very long time. If I was using it for free I would’ve thought it would’ve been worth it, but to pay monthly for it is not worth the amount of time and energy that it took me to set up basic functions .

The reason I purchased the software was because it integrated with WordPress. I had already built my courses on WordPress and I wanted to add additional features like tracking my students and providing a central hub where all my students courses would be available and providing them with a progress bar to help them have a more visual way to progress through their courses.

This is really not a software it’s a WordPress plug-in. I use multiple word plus plug-ins that are excellent. This WordPress plug-in is not worth the money. The amount of work that requires you to do just to get your course set up is enormous. I already had my courses fully developed and it was not easy to install the plug-in and have the features that they promised.

Teachable

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LearnDash

I originally chose LearnDash because it was a plug-in for WordPress. I thought that would allow me to do less work and keep the word press courses that are already set up. I ended up choosing teachable in the end because my experience trying to set up LearnDash showed me that it was nowhere comparable to the functionality of Teachable which was the same exact price .
Jesus
Jesus

Bewertet am 11.4.2018

After months of testing Saas and WordPress LMS plugins, LearnDash came out on top.

This software is helping us simplify and streamline our ability to deliver online training to students at an affordable cost.

We needed many features that were hard to find in SaaS based LMS solutions and WP plugins. Here's a list of features that pushed us towards LearnDash because it worked with our stack or is helping us upgrade it:

1. Integration with Zapier (allows communication with our Podio CRM hub)
2. Integration with any Shopping cart with One-Click Upsells. We will be migrating to SamCart after 6 years with Nanacast.
3. Ability to "Recycle" LMS content. (i.e. use one lecture in multiple classes)
4. Progress % for classes so students can see their progress.
5. Forum integration for class discussions. We chose BBPress and it works perfectly with it.
6. ActiveCampaign integration for email management.

LearnDash included all these features and they work. This was the *only* solution I found after months of testing WP plugins and Saas platforms that met our requirements. So far, setup has gone smooth and updates have not broken anything.

My biggest con is that this is a WP plugin and I'm hesitant to run mission critical software on WordPress. But since all the SaaS LMS' solutions were missing critical features, I decided to give this a shot.

In order to gain some peace of mind and find a middle of sorts, I decided to go the extremely safe route with hosting and chose Kinsta since they use the Google Cloud and their pricing structure is reasonable. Plus, having a "staging area" is nice along with their daily backups, crazy speed and Nginx reverse proxy caching.

Philip
Philip

Bewertet am 17.3.2022

The best platform I know - but far from perfect

My overall experience is pretty good. Support helped me a lot in the past, though they seem to be not as caring anymore as they once have been. The product is very solid and serves basically all needs one can imagine. I tried some LMS systems, I liked LearnDash the most. Thus, I definitely can recommend the Plugin. :)

LearnDash is powerful for course creation from A to Z. The course creation possibilities are huge. Everything is flexible, but not too flexible. They are veeeery well integrated with plenty of tools out there. This is very important. They play especially well with BuddyBoss. Thus, I can recommend using both together. BuddyBoss improves the ok design of LearnDash to a brilliant maximum!
I like it a lot, and I am happy to be a long-term LearnDash customer.

Social learning, interactive learning, and mobile experience are not brilliant. I hope to see improvements in these areas. The mobile experience got improved during the last few months, but social learning and interactive learning are still not enough built-in. They offer h5p integration, which is good, but a native solution would be better. Social learning is basically nonexistent. The only way is to encourage comments on the course page, but that's it.

Luis
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Bewertet am 5.6.2019

Fantastic Front End Design

We have a small CellPhone repair shop in Anaheim, CA.

But over the years technicians around the world have been watching our youtube channel, to the point that now we teach MicroSoldering online to all our students.

LearnDash is helping us with the heavy lifting of putting it together and presenting all the materials to our students on a secuencial matter, pretty awasome piece of software.

Easy to setup, able to re-use different lessons for different courses.
Good constant flow of information and ideas trough their blog.
Fast customer support response.

Not able to create the lessons titles inside the course creation.

In my case, I use (Course-Modules-Lessons), I can create the Modules inside the course creation, but the lessons I have to go to lessons and create them outside. (Not a mayor hassle) but would it be very convinient to be able to create them inside the course, only the titles that is.

Also, not being able to 'Clone' an existing course with it's modules, lessons and quizes, but with a bit or looking I was able to find a couple of plugins that did the trick.

Rosie

Bewertet am 22.4.2022

The best Learning Management software for WordPress

The ability to quickly add courses and still have a level of quality that's right on point is what makes LearnDash such a valuable tool. The features I get with video lessons look like custom development, which makes the courses look like a great deal of money was spent to create them which is always a plus.

LearnDash has become quite popular for creating courses. It's flexible and they're also well integrated with other products which is very important. The UI with Elementor is seamless. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy the best user experience possible. LearnDash provides great content possibilities and documentation but their support is a little less efficient than their software!

The social learning, interactive learning and mobile experience on the website have room for improvement. The last few months has seen an improvement in the mobile experience, but social learning and interactive learning could be better and more user-friendly. Initial integration was time-consuming and there really isn’t any way around that. I also wish they had better user management options since WordPress user management is not great.

Roisin Anne
Roisin Anne
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 27.5.2022

Great LMS tool with even better support!

LearnDash LMS plug-in was a no-brainer for us. I had actually used it as an end user personally and when my company were looking at investing in an LMS tool, I inspected the code of the tool I had used previously and found out that it was LearnDash. It was an easy sell to decision makers as I had such a great experience from an end user point of view. Since using LearnDash as an admin it has been pretty plain sailing.

It's easy for non-web dev users to be able to create content and for some of the more tricky parts of the implementation, the LearnDash support team have been excellent. So responsive and always willing to help out. If I could give the support team 20 out 10 I would!

I think when I began using LearnDash, it wasn't too feature-heavy and there were definitely some things missing that would have been nice. However, 1.5 years down the line the team are rolling out features regularly and making their product more feature-rich.

Rod

Bewertet am 23.7.2020

Top Gun eLearning Software

I've had a wonderful experience with this software. It does everything I want it to do. And given the new ability to use "groups" as "memberships," I'm even more impressed.

I am a big fan of LearnDash for a number of reasons, one of which is its ease of use. You don't need much skill to set up LearnDash given the very detailed tutorials on YouTube.

Compared to other eLearning softwares, there's nothing I like least in the sense that I give this much thought.

Rick
Rick

Bewertet am 12.3.2019

Highly recommended LMS plugin for WordPress

I discovered how easy it was to create online courses. LearnDash has allowed me to expand my client base.

I'm a WordPress implementer. A couple years ago I was approached by a client who wanted to develop an online course for non-native English speakers to study for their certifications. I'd never developed online courses before so I had to do A LOT of research.

For that project, I decided on LifterLMS and I still do most of my online course development with Lifter. I'll go into why in that review, obviously.

But LearnDash has certainly come very close to feature parity with Lifter. There are only a few differences in terms of functionality. Lifter's add-on system can be confusing to explain to a client whereas LearnDash is easy to sell. There are some specialized features for teams that are only available on Lifter, however.

The smart course creation tool is very very good. If you're worried about how to build a complex course with video and text, don't be. LearnDash makes it easy.

But LearnDash IS multisite compatible and Astra Pro, a popular WP theme, provides built-in support.

Another bonus is that LearnDash has a free version to get your feet wet, available on the repo.

There's no support for multiple teachers per course. Lifter's frontend student dashboards are nicer.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 24.10.2018

Not quite there yet

We have been multiple Moodle learning systems and wanted to try this since it seemed easier to setup and use. It was easier, but ultimately took more time because of all the limitations in the system which we had to customize. Many features which are free in Moodle require paid plugins for Learndash and that was frustrating. The structure of the courses is not very intuitive and we had to make a lot of accommodations to work within the confines of the system.

It works with Wordpress so has a familiar layout to those familiar with Wordpress. Visually it looks good to the end user. Open source, so it was fairly easy to modify for our needs.

Seems limited when compared to Moodle and this is more expensive. The structure of the courses is pretty limited, for example you can't require only certain activities to be completed in order for a course to be marked completed, all sub-sections are required for completion.

The navigation through the courses/lessons/topics could be improved. There are a lot of clicks to get to the course content and it can be frustrating trying to setup a course where the user can easily progress through from beginning to end. Often we found the user would complete a topic/lesson/quiz and there wasn't a clear path forward for them. We had to make some core customization to make this more user friendly.

BARRETT

Bewertet am 4.1.2021

They Listen!

Highly recommended!

Because all e-learning platforms are unique new updates/releases uncover errors that may not have been able to be tested because the combinations of software is infinite. LD support have consistently listened to issues raised, offered solutions where appropriate as well as shown humility in saying oops, we didn't think of that but let's work through this together.

Learning the course software is not easy to learn. However, the more I use it, the more efficient structures are realised in e-learning course design. They've got a great team developing course structure, which often leads to uncovering up-selling opportunities with my clients.

Mohan Lal
Mohan Lal
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 7.3.2022

My favorite plugin for Creating Courses on a Wordpress Site

We used learned with Memberium+Keap, and overall things turned out pretty easy to manage. So if we talk about my opinion, as long as you are sure about hosting courses on a Wordpress Install, go for LearnDash.

like how easy it is to create & manage courses with LearnDash. Apart from this, I like various features Learndash provides, including:
1. Course Certificates (this helps in automatic Certification creation, so you don't have to do it manually for each user)
2. Quizzes (this helps in making sure that users are actually learning things, and this also helps in making things a bit interactive).
3. Drip Lessons (this helps in making lessons available on certain timeframes)

We started using LearnDash with Memberium+IFS, which still works best for us (If we talk about creating & managing courses on a Wordpress Install)

1. Initial Setup requires you to hire a Developer, as showing courses as you want would require coding & stuff

2. Software Pricing

Margi

Bewertet am 3.12.2020

Outstanding customer support

Super awesome and friendly customer service. They talk with me in normal language so I can understand and they really try to get to the heart of the issue.

I'm not the developer of my site but I do make all of the changes, etc. So when my students were purchasing classes but the classes weren't getting onto their dashboard immediately - I contacted LearnDash and they helped immediately. What a relief!

Because the developer I used was the one to implement the software, I wish I could say more here. However, I don't have anything to share here because I use it to load classes etc. but that is all. And customer service helps me when I need it. I also realize I need to learn more to take care of a few issues but I don't feel that is a LearnDash concern.

Ted

Bewertet am 16.1.2021

Good Quality, Reasonable Price, Excellent Support

Easy for students to use. Overall experience, quite good.

The tech support people are extra helpful, very patient and super supportive. I don't often need their help, but when I do, I've usually got a serious problem and I really really need help! They rescue you without judgement! :-) By far the best people I've dealt with in ANY company.

Tech support on weekends would be great.

Easy to use (comparatively speaking) for course developers and students and 100% reliable. Has to be 100% reliable.

A typical software, a bit too complicated - but I guess that is software!

Bello
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

The best Learning management system plugin for WordPress

When it Comes to WordPress lms plugin, Learndash is the best. The interface is very easy to understand both for authors and students, it is having many features compared to other plugins thus saving Space and money you dont need to buy and install extra plugins and it integrates well with third party plugins or Platforms

Eventhough Learndash is an excellent plugin, their customer support is not hundred percent active. At Times i have to open a ticket and wait several days before having a solution

Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 20.3.2019

We switched to Learndash, and as a developer, I LOVE IT.

The two best WordPress LMS plugins are LearnDash and LifterLMS. It was a hard choice between the two. But we chose Learndash because of their easy-to-use API.

The major thing missing from LearnDash is that it still does require a developer (or a experienced Wordpress user) to set up. There's no easy way to plug-and-play. I wouldn't be able to hand this off to a Wordpress novice.

LearnDash has plenty of APIs to do all sorts of fancy things. For other LMSes, I had to write a lot of custom code to do what LearnDash does right out of the box.

I also love how flexible LearnDash is. There's a lot of plugins that work alongside LearnDash.

There is a learning curve to setting it up. There's a lot of options.

I also wish that Learndash does user management in a much more streamline way. Right now, you have to modify every user individually, or build a script to manage users.

I also couldn't figure out how to use their ProPanel software.

263 Bewertungen