ZipBooks Erfahrungen

Caitlin J.

11.4.2018

11.4.2018

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I'm a ZipBooks Fangirl! I've tried several accounting options & they provide the best value!

Wert

I've been able to spend less time on my accounting. I don't have to create reports, ZipBooks does it all based on my chart of accounts and other information. The customer service is super fantastic and supportive. The help files are well written, concise and easy to understand. The cost is low and the tiered pricing system is really fair. I can connect multiple accounts and add staff to my account. I can use time tracking, set up automatic invoices, pre-set items and tasks, add documents, just to name a few! My personal account is turned into a profile which is hosted on their system. My clients can leave reviews and potential clients can find and contact me.

Beside the cost (I'm on the pro version and it's still cheaper than the basic version of Xero and others), it automatically creates all the reports I need and shows them in a way that means I don't need an accounting degree! So my general ledger, my profit and loss statements - it's all there for me! Everything is so simple to use that I spent the first couple of weeks overthinking the whole thing - because it can't be that simple right?! The layout is so easy to navigate, the chart of accounts is simple to understand, and when I need a hand (I've managed to mess things up in my ignorance of double entry accounting) the customer support team are right there and get my problem sorted so quickly!

My biggest con is that it's really USA-centric. I'm not in the States so I can't connect my bank account to the system so I have to manually import my statements. For me, it's well worth the effort because the system saves me time and stress in so many other ways. Also I'm a sole trader so I don't have many accounts to sort out. I can imagine it would be different for someone with a bigger company or more regular turnover.

Verifizierter Rezensent Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  2-10 Mitarbeiter Mitarbeiteranzahl:  2-10 Mitarbeiter

4.9.2019

4.9.2019

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

User-friendly software underpinned by prompt, professional support

Wert

Our overall experience has been positive. Thus far, we have not encountered any problems.

1.The software is easier to use than it even appears.
This makes it simpler for non-finance people who may find themselves required to attend to such matters e.g. Start-ups, local SME's and EME's etc.

2. The support team are atypically, prompt and efficient. In our experience with online support from other service providers, there is more often than not a delay in responding, be it short or long. In some instances, the support staff have not had the expertise to offer guidance or solve elementary problems. The ZipBooks team is impressively swift and knowledgeable.

Initially, it appeared that functions such as customer month end statements and a few others could not be generated.

After one or two chats with online support and the discovery of the numerous, yet concise, online documents, I realised that such functions are, indeed, included.

Not only that, but also that the majority of questions are very likely covered and one can solve one's own queries if one looks for the relevant document.

Perhaps it would be useful to users if this was highlighted or flagged and doing so may reduce the enquiries that your online support team have to attend to.

Antwort: ZipBooks 6.9.2019

Thanks so much--happy to help!

Susan B. Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  2-10 Mitarbeiter Mitarbeiteranzahl:  2-10 Mitarbeiter

5.1.2017

5.1.2017

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

ZipBooks - Perfect for a Hobby turned Small Business!

Wert

The ZipBooks staff have been very responsive and willing to help. The software is free to use, however, there is a $1.25 charge per Paypal transaction when a customer pays via ZipBooks invoice. It provides basic accounting features that would work well for a person who is turning their hobby into a small business or a small contract business.

If you are new to accounting, ZipBooks is perfect. If you are accustomed to accounting software, then this free software isn't for you. It doesn't yet have dynamic reporting features, ie no balance sheet or clickable fields to expand a data field on the Income Statement. If your business is small and you are going to keep it that way, ZipBooks is perfect. If your business is thriving and growing, invest in paid software as you'll quickly grow out of ZipBooks.

That said, I'm told they have changes in the works so maybe this won't hold true in the near future.

Easy to use for someone with no accounting knowledge. Perfect for an MLM or hobby turned business. I love, love, love that their customer service is responsive.

The reporting features are seriously lacking. No balance statement, COG's are lumped together on the Income Statement, no division of income sources and no field on the Income Statement is clickable for a detailed report. Invoice and Expense pages are long with one arrow to the next page on the top and when editing an invoice or expense and saving, you are brought to the "1-50" page instead of the current page you were working on.

Empfehlung für andere Nutzer

It is my hope and belief that this software will grow in time. Currently, it is without a doubt an infant accounting program. In the foreseeable future, it could compete with QuickBooks.

Verifizierter Rezensent Branche: Marketing & Werbung Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  Selbstständig Mitarbeiteranzahl:  Selbstständig

24.10.2019

24.10.2019

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The best app a small business owner could use

Wert

Highly recommend – beautiful, easy to use, full-featured, and more affordable than any of its nearest competitors.

ZipBooks is the most affordable, feature rich accounting software I've ever used. It allows me to accomplish everything I need, from sending expenses, to tracking time and expenses, to invoicing. I've used other software and it either didn't include time tracking or it was too expensive for my small business.

Their web app is also incredibly easy to use and is design very well. It's all organized in a way that makes sense and the charts/reports are beautiful.

The biggest issue I have with ZipBooks is their mobile app. I'm running it on my iPhone and it seems like it's just a web-app published in a shell, storing no local information. It's difficult to track time or send invoices that haven't been saved as a draft. Sent invoices also display in reverse order – with the cache clearing every time I open the app.

If they built a full-featured, native app I think ZipBooks would be perfect.

Cj S. Branche: Fotografie

9.10.2017

9.10.2017

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Not perfect, but constantly improving and Customer Support is the best with super fast replys!

Wert

I run a photography+subcontractor business. I've been with Zipbooks since before they started charging a fee (switched from freshbooks) and let me tell you, there were definitely some major growing pains. The good new is that they listened to the customers and would always solve problems quickly.
The gap between Zipbooks and Quickbooks/Freshbooks/etc.. used to be cavernous, but that gap is almost unnoticeable now. The interface is ridiculously easy to understand and flows really well. It's the best user interface experience I've had for accounting software.
Costumer service has been nothing short of impressive. I'm an accounting/bookkeeping newb and the customer support has basically trained me how to do my own accounting. They have this great chat button that's always in the bottom right corner so you can easily ask questions and get answers like if you were chatting with a friend on facebook messenger.
The company has a long way to go to being the best, but they certainly have the chops for it! I would high

The fact that I can't mark an invoice as paid from the list view. I don't like the extra step of clicking through to the individual invoice. But, it's a minor inconvenience.

Jack D.

16.3.2018

16.3.2018

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

A great invoicing and accounting solution for small agencies and freelancers

Wert

A highly functional and easy-to-use platform for client invoicing and accounting.

Zipbooks is a phenomenal tool for invoicing and billing clients. As a digital agency, our team does all of our estimating, invoicing, billing, time tracking and accounting through Zipbooks, and it's been a great experience. The platform has seen continuous improvement throughout 2017 and 2018, so I have a lot of confidence that we'll continue to run our business through Zipbooks.

The slick interface comes to be a burden when reconciling transactions - if you're not an accountant by trade, it can be easy to make a mistake and have difficulty correcting it due to the streamlined presentation. After struggling with this, I've been able to refine my reporting process to work well with Zipbooks.

The project management tool/time tracking was a bit weak but it is getting better and I'm happy to see the service improve.

I would also like to see support for signing contracts/agreements for related invoices.

Mike W.

18.12.2017

18.12.2017

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great software with outstanding technical support

Wert

The software itself is fairly straightforward and easy to use, although for someone who doesn't know accounting that well it sometimes can be slightly confusing. What is really great though is that their support team is very knowledgeable and can not only help solve technical issues but can also help explain what their software means to you from an accounting standpoint.

Invoicing is simple and easy to use, integration to bank and credit card accounts continues to improve, and they continue to enhance the set of reports available to help you understand how your business is doing.

It's fairly minor stuff - the graph on the main page of the application assumes you are using accrual basis accounting, and that ends up misrepresenting the numbers you see if you are using cash basis accounting. I also don't like that I can define that my business uses cash basis but the reports always default to accrual.

It would be nice to understand how the business health score is calculated, as mine continues to decrease despite the fact that I thought my business was continuing to improve.

Robin L.

1.3.2018

1.3.2018

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Zipbooks makes it easy for me to manage accounting for my consulting business.

Wert

The user interface is intuitive and easy! I like that I don't have to be an accounting pro to get set up and start invoicing clients. My clients love how easy it is to pay me. They click a couple of buttons and they are done, which means faster payments and more efficient accounting for me!

Because I don't understand accounting, I had some trouble reconciling some of the charges/credits and couldn't "undo" what I'd done very easily. It's not the most forgiving, however, their customer service was top notch in helping me solve the issue for no additional charges. I thought I'd have to hire someone to fix it, and they gave me free advice to help me fix it myself.

Leigh P.

27.6.2018

27.6.2018

Great Customer Service

Wert

For small business, it's perfect.

The software is user friendly. Easy to re-set up our company. Like the on-line look from the customer's point of view. It's easy to complete.

I do find it a bit frustrating that I cannot find out WHEN my deposits are estimated to hit my bank. It's either that it doesn't exist in the software, or that it's difficult, even for a daily user, to find it in the menu system.

Verifizierter Rezensent

10.7.2018

10.7.2018

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great way to keep your accountancy

Wert

Really good tool to help you with the accounting books of startup, you can create online invoices, track time, bills, etc

It is a very complete software and easy to use, I have no complaints about this software, really it works very good

Andrea M. Branche: Marketing & Werbung Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  Selbstständig Mitarbeiteranzahl:  Selbstständig

5.10.2017

5.10.2017

Quelle der Bewertung

Simple bookkeeping for businesses

Wert

I've been using this for about the last year and started when it was free to use. For what it was then and for as simple as it is, it serves my needs at the moment but it's a little difficult to use with my workflow so I feel like I'll probably outgrow it at some point. I do primarily project based work, tracking time and billing hourly. I don't sell anything through an inventory but will add expenses to an invoice. This software works great for that though it would probably work for something with a light inventory or commonly used services as well. Overall, it's a good value and worth testing out but it may not work as well for every business model.

Add expenses, track time, create projects, create tasks within projects, print out accounting reports, send invoices and receive payments in app, recurring invoicing available, ability to set up reminders automatically

Visually clean but not as streamlined to use. Projects can't be created on the fly in the time tracking app, but have to be created ahead of time. Still quick to do but it's an extra step. Same for tasks within projects. They must be created ahead of time too, though each project automatically creates a General task. Invoice design is simple and clean but there's not much that can be customized beyond the logo.

Diego L. Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  2-10 Mitarbeiter Mitarbeiteranzahl:  2-10 Mitarbeiter

14.8.2017

14.8.2017

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love ZipBooks! Easy to use, beautiful invoices, and a solid time tracker

Wert

Saved time, beautiful invoices, reliable and integrated time tracker

I love the fact that I can set up and send an invoice in a few minutes, pulling in existing products and services (complete with description). The addition of a time tracker was unexpected and very appreciated! I use it to keep track of the hours spent on certain projects with those clients that prefer hourly payment over per-project pricing. ZipBooks also allows for past hours tracked that are unpaid to be automagically pulled into a new or an existing invoice, making it super simple to make sure everything is included in an invoice before sendoff. The invoices are simple, clean, beautiful and there is an "include PDF" option when sending out the invoice to clients (for those that prefer to print out and save their invoices). The customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful.

It's still a relatively new software, and I was one of the early adopters, so there were a few minor bugs and quirks in the past. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the roadmap for the future of the app looks very bright!

Antwort: ZipBooks 14.8.2017

Thanks for the great review, Diego. Glad you stuck it out with us!

John M. Branche: Computer-Software Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  Selbstständig Mitarbeiteranzahl:  Selbstständig

22.8.2017

22.8.2017

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great app for small business and freelancers accounting and bookkeeping

Wert

I have been using Zipbooks since last year and I have enjoyed the ease of use. They clean interface is very appealing. Have basic project management with tasks. My most used feature is invoicing which takes away my need to send invoices via email. Expense tracking is also on point.

So far I'm using Zipbooks as my default bookkeeping software. They were kind enough to extend a forever plan being an early adopter.

Support team is very responsive.

Project management is very basic.

I had to do a lot of manual work merging repeating transactions when I connected PayPal account and bank account since PayPal was pulling money from the bank. It would be nice to have a system that detects duplicate transactions.

Changing a transaction that is attached to a paid invoice turned the invoice to draft even if the invoice was marked as paid.

Antwort: ZipBooks 22.8.2017

John,

Glad you are loving ZipBooks. Also, thanks for the feedback on things we can improve!

Alex V. Branche: Design Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  Selbstständig Mitarbeiteranzahl:  Selbstständig

5.3.2019

5.3.2019

Clean, powerful bookkeeping software

Wert

ZipBooks is perfect for my small business, though they have options for expansion (payroll, etc.)

I have had no major complaints so far and I think the platform is a great option if you're new to bookkeeping or experienced and want an alternative to some of the other major competitors.

ZipBooks has a very clean interface. All the data is so clear. It's a fast platform and it's easy to navigate. All the backend is there too if you're an experienced bookkeeper looking for flexibility.

The mobile app has a few bugs that are very obvious. Incorrect account balances and poor sorting of time tracking 'jobs.' Some of these bugs have been ongoing since I signed up, and a few have been fixed. I hope they keep improving the app.

Derek C. Branche: Marketing & Werbung Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  2-10 Mitarbeiter Mitarbeiteranzahl:  2-10 Mitarbeiter

30.12.2016

30.12.2016

Simply Amazing

Wert

ZipBooks is the perfect bookkeeping solution for my small business! It allows me to add client details, business expenses and payments received from clients. There is also a great quotation feature built into the app that includes project management and time tracking. Generating an invoice from an existing project or quote only takes a click of a button (how awesome is this?!) and manual invoices can be added too. My favorite feature is the recurring invoices which get sent automatically and even allows me to set payment reminders for those that have not been marked as paid. Believe it or not, these reminders do work! ZipBooks also has great reporting features which shows you your total revenue for the past 12 months, an expense report, income per client, outstanding payments, tax and more. Oh, I forgot to mention, all of this is free! You can also accept payments via the internet but this isn't supported in my country yet. ZipBooks saves me loads hours every month and lots of paper (everything is backed up securely in the cloud), the app and its development/support team definitely add value to my life.

Oh yeah, there's also an iPhone app for when I'm on the move or need to generate a quote for a client immediately :-)

If you're looking for great bookkeeping software, this is it.

Recurring invoices, payment reminders, great support, iPhone app, quotation system, easy to use report features, integration with Slack.

Can only accept internet payments with American banks.

Empfehlung für andere Nutzer

Great product, use it!

Verifizierter Rezensent Branche: Computer-Software Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  51-200 Mitarbeiter Mitarbeiteranzahl:  51-200 Mitarbeiter

20.2.2019

20.2.2019

Zipbooks for personal/business accounting

Wert

I have used many other book keeping softwares during the past 5-6 years for my personal / business use. But Zip books is the easiest tool among all those solutions. Ease of use, Features, Mobile app view are some of the features that i like the most

Time Tracking and generate invoices for those times for a particulate project is once of the greatest feature that zip books has. Other than that it would be very cost efficient and also very easy for a business to use this solution for there book keeping. Support team is really quick and helpful on the support queries.

This is a all in one solution where you can handle accounts for multiple businesses easily.

Amount of restrictions that applied during the free tire is higher in count when this is compared with other solutions.

Enrique O. Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  Selbstständig Mitarbeiteranzahl:  Selbstständig

4.7.2017

4.7.2017

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Exceptional value to this cloud-based accounting software. Compared to many other popular solutions

Wert

Saved on monthly unnecessary accounting fees using this service and the software fit my small business without having to worry about getting stuck with bells and whistles I didn't need.

Easy to use, Great Customer Service, Available when you need it, Accounting made easy and management of clients is great. Invoicing is a breeze, even on the fly. Swayed from Wave Accounting for Zipbooks time keeping feature and decided against Quickbooks because of its pricing structure.

Managing transactions is automated with your linked bank account. But, entering transactions manually is tricky. The user must keep a close eye on transactions so the software reconciles accurately. But, this could be relevant to any accounting software...

Chad K. Branche: Design Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  Selbstständig Mitarbeiteranzahl:  Selbstständig

5.7.2017

5.7.2017

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

A wonderful tool. Very intuitive and simple design.

Wert

It helps me prep for tax season throughout the year, rather than doing everything right before the deadline. Also, the invoicing is embedded in the software so there is no more cross referencing pdf invoices with bank statements for payout amounts.

The simple design is the most attractive part of this software to me. So many other accounting programs are not very streamlined and simple, but Zipbooks has been very easy to use, inexpensive and the customer service is very helpful and timely.

Because I have an untraditional business model without regular payments, the business score and analytics about business health are not very helpful and actually make me feel like my business isn't as strong as it actually is. I'd prefer to turn them off if I could! But that's a very small con. I also wish I could export a list of individual expenses with their category listed but screenshots will do for now!

Joan J. Branche: Design Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  2-10 Mitarbeiter Mitarbeiteranzahl:  2-10 Mitarbeiter

6.1.2020

6.1.2020

Small Business Review

Wert

Easy to use and very user friendly. Customer support is always fast and has a solution to most any problem I through their way.

I wish there was a way to export a formatted excel spreadsheet of reports or be able to print to a PDF (single-page) easier.

Roy L. Branche: Essen & Trinken Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  2-10 Mitarbeiter Mitarbeiteranzahl:  2-10 Mitarbeiter

8.8.2019

8.8.2019

It's FREE!!!

Wert

Being looking for this type of cloud system for sometimes, i'm so excited when i found this product and it was free to use. It automate a lot of things and i dont have to worry about loosing date anymore =)

I'm using the free version, it's good enough for me to track my profit or loss.
The invoice section is very good as well, just enter the blanks and it's all auto.
The best part is the support, because i am getting full support although i am using the free version.

Should consider to give us more access in the Income Statement report. The Income statement report is more than enough for my operation, sometime just wish i can click on the amount and it will show me the details. But this feature only available in paid version.
I am still waiting for the Android version to be release, then i can easily snap and store my suppliers invoices and receipts.

Antwort: ZipBooks 9.8.2019

Thanks so much Roy!

Ruth B.

26.1.2018

26.1.2018

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have utilized the on-line customer support as I am not a trained bookkeeper.

Wert

The ease of invoices being able to be tracked and simple so all can understand it.

For this software things I like and appreciate the best is the customer support. I have needed on-line chat several times and they always answer, but goes a step farther in teaching me what I need to know to prevent this mistake from happening again and repeating. I also like how easy it is create an invoice.

The cons for me or a limited amount reports, lack of export options, and the large difference in categories.

Verifizierter Rezensent Branche: Gastgewerbe Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  2-10 Mitarbeiter Mitarbeiteranzahl:  2-10 Mitarbeiter

3.4.2019

3.4.2019

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great for a small business for accounting and invoicing

Wert

I love the simplicity of ZipBooks and that it doesn't require a software installation. It has all the features I need to run my business without having to pay or wade through features I don't need.

Nothing so far. If my needs expand I can migrate to something more robust.

Nawahl R.

21.1.2016

21.1.2016

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Simple, Neat and easy to use! Perfect for a small business

Produktqualität

It took me all of 5 minutes to figure everything out. At first I was a bit disappointed that the date format could not be set to South African standard, but when I noticed that the date very clearly appeared, printed in full on the finished documents that can get sent/printed out, I think its completely ok. I love that I could easily use my own logo. I love how everything automatically gets tracked. I love that its free! Its been really useful in my small and growing business, to keep track of all my income and expenses without me having to know much about accounting and without having to hire an accountant, on top of keeping all the receipts, written invoices and other transaction docs. It just simplifies life. I guess a complete accounting system is probably necessary when a business gets bigger, but for a small growing business and a newbie entrepreneur, who just needs a simple income statement, Zipbooks is the perfect tool to get one in the game, staying organized, tracking expenditure and income and having automated outputs that allow one to assess where to improve and streamline the business. The messaging system is pretty nice too. The response to queries from the Zipbooks team is quick and clear and quite personalized, which I'm very impressed by. Zipbooks is perfect.

Debbie F. Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness Anzahl der Mitarbeiter:  Selbstständig Mitarbeiteranzahl:  Selbstständig

24.4.2018

24.4.2018

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

ZipBooks provided simple software and it grew with me - from free to inexpensive.

Wert

I started with accounting but now I use it for invoicing and time tracking. I can share with other users as well. Reports are easy to see and simple to use.

You don't need to be certified to use it! Unlike other accounting options :). It was easy to use, the reports were great and it helped for invoicing, time tracking and accounting.

They are still growing their integrations to work with other software and solutions so you can't connect with very many apps outside paypal, stripe, and wepay.

Verifizierter Rezensent Branche: Computer-Software

20.3.2018

20.3.2018

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Indispensable tool for managing the books of a small to medium business

Wert

At tax time, my job is significantly easier!

ZipBooks makes tax time easy - in the past I struggled to gather all the information needed to file taxes for our small business - after using ZipBooks for the last year, taxes are a breeze and I no longer dread the day(s) spent preparing my tax returns.

I wish there was a little more on the free tier - they do a lot to make you buy a subscription, which is an understandable business model, but sometimes I wish things like syncing a bank account more than once a day (especially if you have to change your password on the banking website) were included in the free tier.