Über Office Practicum

Office Practicum by Connexin Software was built by physicians to provide an integrated electronic health record (EHR) and practice management solution. The system offers appointment scheduling, clinical documentation management,...

3,6

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 27.2.2018

"This EMR was designed by a pediatrician, and works beautifully for the way pediatricians...

Simply the best and most comprehensive features available anywhere, OP  comes loaded with over 200 pediatric-specific "sick visit' templates, immunization forecasting, electronic school and camp forms along with pediatric developmental assessments, surveys and disease-specific action plans.
I've used OP for 16 years, and can say with confidence that  it is designed specifically for pediatrics , with tools pediatricians need to both keep kids healthy and improve quality of care."

Hands down the best of the best for pediatric offices. OP is so user friendly and works around your practice.

Theresa

Bewertet am 8.12.2020

Well Thought Out EMR

Overall, Office Practicum works great for our office. We have been able to streamline our clinical and office processes and actively engage our patients. This has resulted in increased visits to our office which definitely affects the bottom line. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] actively engages OP users and helps us with industry questions and updates to OP. The Managers ListServ has also been a wealth of information and finally OP has one of the best customer service teams I have worked with. They are knowledgeable, easy to reach and can resolve questions/solve problems in one contact. I enjoy working with this product, and know you will too!

This EMR is very user friendly and helped us streamline our work processes. The layout is very easy to navigate and like everything from the charting to the billing functions, including the clearinghouse and patient bill pay to the the referral process, the integrated lab and immunization registry capabilities and the ability to engage our patients/parents in their care via the Patient Portal. I also really like the vaccine management capabilities. This has helped us manage our vaccine inventory. I love the robust reporting capabilities and the ability to do appointment recalls. Everything is pretty seamless and helps us focus on patient care and engaging our patients.

The thing I liked least which I imagine is the case with most EMRs, is the inability to be able to communicate electronically with other providers who do not have a Direct e-mail address.

EpicCare EMR und athenaOne

Warum Office Practicum gewählt wurde

Needed more functionality and liked that Office Practicum was Pediatric Specific and had a well thought out product with great features

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Office Practicum

It was Pediatric specific and we liked the functionality and the layout better and that it included functionality that would help us document and meet Meaningful Use.
Phyllis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 18.8.2022

Great product, still evolving and working on new issues

It has been good, the set up was hard, but all set ups are hard. They keep improving the product all the time. Their customer support people are top notch and the most friendly helpful group I have worked with in a long time.

The abiblity to pull care plans that have outstanding patients due

Sometime too many clicks to do simple things

Die besten Alternativen zu Office Practicum

Jana

Bewertet am 10.8.2022

Don't go there

Please don't buy this product. It will be to expensive to switch to another app like that and you will regret getting OP. It is not user friendly, it is flawed with errors, it goes through periodic updates that remove useful features without considering it's users. It makes changes solely based on profits. You can't access it from abroad, (you can access any other account from banks, hospitals, government agencies.....but not OP citing security risk) ....there is really nothing good to say about this app. Stay away... And do you know that you will be blocked if you try to post negative review on their Facebook page?

switching from hand written charts otherwise there is nothing good to say

Frequent updates doctors did not ask for that remove useful features and you can't refuse it. OP crashes with every update and every update causes multiple glitches. Added features that are useless and troublesome increase the cost.

DEB
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 7.12.2020

BILLING MANAGER

THE SOFTWARE IS VERY USER FRIENDLY BUT OF EVEN GREATER IMPORTENCE IS THE STAFF. THEY ARE ALWAYS FRIENDLY, AMAZINGLY CAPABLE & READY TO HELP! THAT IF OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO ME WITH ANY COMPANY/PERSON WITH WHOM I DEAL. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND OFFICE PRACTICUM TO ANY MEDICAL PRACTICE LOOKING FOR A USER FRIENDLY SYSTEM THAT IS EASY TO CONVERT (OP HANDLED THAT, AS WELL!), FEATURES ARE VERY WELL LAID OUT & AN ALWAYS-AT-THE-READY CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT!

REPORTS ARE EXCELLENT & ALWAYS EVOLVING-THE IMPLEMENTATION TEAM ACTUALLY LISTENS & TAKES STOCK IN USERS CONCERNS & NEEDS & WILL WORK TO IMPROVE THE FEATURE! ALL REPS ARE EXCEPTIONALLY WELL TRAINED & CAN USUSALLY SOLVE ANY ISSUE WITH JUST A PHONE CALL! THEY TAKE THE TIME TO ACCESS THE SYSTEM THRU A BUILT-IN PORTAL TO SEE THE PROBLEM WE'RE HAVING & SHOW US HOW TO FIX! OP HAS CUSTOMIZED SO MANY FEATURES SPECIFICALLY FOR OUR PRACTICE & THAT MAKES INCOME INCREASE! ALWAYS THE BOTTOM LINE!

COULD CONTAIN A BETTER ACCOUNTING SYSTEM. WHILE IT IS EASY TO ENTER CHARGES & POST INSURANCE & PATIENT PAYMENTS IT IS NOT QUICK BOOKS!! THE DATA IS ALWAYS THERE & CORRECT BUT SOMETIMES THE METHODS ARE 'CLUNKY'. YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR.

Suzanne

Bewertet am 21.12.2017

Office Practicum delivers

This overall is a great program.

This is a pediatric software. The designers have built-in designs that are tailored to meet the demands of many pediatric offices. As times and requirements from multiple agencies change, the designers are quick to meet these new challenges. It is easy to use. We have trained new doctors, nurses, front office with no problems. It also has ways to keep confidentiality matters under control. We are able to do everything that we need to do on the software. The designers are prompt to handle problems and prompt to respond to new requirements including requirements, it seems, from the state level for each of the states. We also use the program for billing purposes, and have had no problems with the billing end of things. You can have your own design features added easily and make your own templates for almost everything. Plus, making templates is very user-friendly

Some of the things we need to do on the software comes at an additional price. For example, if you want to be storing on the cloud or you want the software to send emails of upcoming appointments to patients. Sometimes there are a lot of clicks that seem could be decreased. Extra clicks is time consuming. There are other things that could improve workflow as well which would also improve time consumption.

Gale

Bewertet am 21.12.2017

Pediatric Bliss

I have been using OP for about 20 years now and have watched it grow and change like any child from infancy to adulthood, and this program has matured to an invaluable tool for pediatric practices across the country.

This is one of the easiest programs I have ever used. The point and click on most screens has made a computer dummy like me a genius when it comes to doing my job, or even helping out in areas of the program that are not in my every day job description. Entering payment, doing diagnostic testing in house or sent out to the lab, exam notes and prescriptions have become easier and quicker plus more legible. The program helps track tasks which need to be done when children come in for visits so nothing can be forgotten, vaccines history is available so appointments can be made within the correct time frame to the child to receive them so visits are not lost on early scheduling. This program, if used to it's fullest potential can be a doctors' dream come true.

There are very few cons to this program, but with all computer generated software, there is the occasional update that doesn't go well. When that happens, support at OP is usually on top of it and a fix is done asap, after all computers are only as good as the programmer and we are all human.

Kathy

Bewertet am 26.8.2014

The more prep work you do prior to going live, the better you are!

It's pediatric-specific. I love the charge entry and the scrubbing part of it for billing. Messaging is great. It's a robust system.

It will definitely take your physicians much longer to do their job. Electronic is not quicker. Don't shortchange yourself with training and e-learning time in advance. Scanning paper, having consults, and creating legacies are tedious and a lot of work. We're still trying to work on this process. With paper, the providers could glance at it quickly and sign off on it. Now, you have to scroll down through everything, and it's a much longer process. Physicians are still spending additional time (hours) in the evenings doing messages and reviewing their scans. Billing statements are not user-friendly. They are hard to understand and explain to a patient. There's too much detail on them. There's no training on the upgrades. You have to figure them out yourself.

Mary

Bewertet am 29.4.2015

Excellent...

OP has been the best product for pediatrics. It really helps to have someone in the field such as Dr. Kressley, that understands how and what is needed from the provider level to the scanner level. Our documentation has improved as well as our vaccine counts. OP is always upgrading to get the most usage out of OP. The PM side has improved over the last 2 years. They bring us to their conference, teach us new and exciting things and not to mention they feed us well.

Slowness. This is a big issue for our office on Monday's when we are trying to schedule 6 providers. It's a known glitch with 14 but I'm sure this will be resolved as well.

Amy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 19.10.2018

OP review

Overall, my second favorite EMR system in all of my clinics. It's a little dated, but still easy to use.

I use OP for one of my clinics. It's somewhat dated and not the easiest to use, but it's more tolerable than some of the older software. The patient chart is organized into logical categories, just like Epic - Medications section where you fill out prescriptions, Allergies, etc. Billing is a breeze.

I would personally have combined the Allergies, PMH, and Problems section together so there's less clicks. Like all EMRs, there's a lot of unnecessary clicking involved, but it's not too bad.

Anu

Bewertet am 19.9.2022

Pediatric EHR

They have been customer focused. Like all companies that go through growth there are pains, but the focus seems to always be on the client.

We like the face that it is integrated with AAP guidance. The vaccine management and templates make our jobs easier.

Too many clicks. It would be better if that could be streamlined and customizable

Athena Workflow

Warum Office Practicum gewählt wurde

They went out of business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Office Practicum

It allowed us to keep billing in house
Debbie

Bewertet am 13.9.2018

Great for Pediatric Practices

The pre training was great!

IT is extremely pediatric friendly, There is a lot of good support.There is a support staff that you can reach through telephone, email or chat along with a list serve with a lo of other offices to so how every one does things or is there is an easier way then what you are doing. The software is very user friendly and the report modules are great. We have not even used all that is available such as the MU product and the Portal which I have heard are good too. Yesaly conferences are a great way to meet others on the program and have great classes to pick up new ideas and learn of changes.

Billing reports were a little harder to get used to. Our billing person has no problem but did take a little training.

Charles

Bewertet am 20.3.2021

Perfect for those who are entranced with fussing with bells and whistles

While my own program was 90% designed to be useful and friendly for me, and 10% useful for outsiders, I realized that OP was designed to be 1/3 useful to me, 1/3 useful to the bean counters, and 1/3 useful to lawyers and government statisticians., and consequently, it is simply not very user friendly.

When there is a complex issue to be documented in the medical record, I elect not to try to use a template, but rather sit down at my desk and use Dragon Naturally Speaking to write a lengthy text note describing what is really important for my patient. I use a generic lab requisition for the several labs to which I may send patients, and I use the X-ray requisitions provided by the several radiology groups when I need imaging rather than trying to use the requisitions internal to OP. It is simpler and faster.

When I first purchased a license for an older version, I noted that the pediatrician/originator was married to the designer/programmer, and having engaged in an emr design process years earlier assumed that there would be a logical, fluid flow to the program. It was OK, but not close to what I had designed years before for myself. As I became more aware of the short-comings and complexity of an emr that would fulfill the fed's meaningful use criteria, I became frustrated. Well child templates for younger kids do work well, but data entry for anything not routine is cumbersome.

The program in its many subsequent iterations, tweaks and upgrades has become gratuitously complex and fussy with rather erratic logical flow, non-ergonomic positioning of buttons that could/should have been effectively arranged and color coded, unnecessary shifting of positions and redesigns of working fields and enough ongoing problems to require such frequent calls to OP help that we are now on a first name basis.

Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 14.10.2021

Honest OP review

We have used OP for five years. I have never been this unhappy with any software. Customer service is nonexistent. There are never fixes to anything yet they continue to push upgrades that end up causing more problems. You pay for a product that does not work. This is the worst EMR I have ever used.

Absolutely nothing. I have nothing positive to say about OP

Everything. This is by far the worst EMR I have ever used.

PCC

Warum Office Practicum gewählt wurde

The owner of our practice wanted a pediatric specific EMR

Zuvor genutzte Software

eClinicalWorks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Office Practicum

The option for cloud based services.
Sue

Bewertet am 12.4.2017

Office Practicum

We have been using OP for almost 4 years and we are very happy with it. We did a lot of research before we chose OP and we are glad we chose this product. OP is very "user" friendly for pediatricians; whereas, the other products out there were not. This made the transition for paper charts to EMR a much smoother process than we anticipated. No regrets!!!

Ease of use. Support at OP is fabulous...very quick to respond and solve issues.

Not happy with the speed of retrieving messages. wish it were quicker. Not sure if this is just our system or a glitch with OP. OP is looking into it.

Fred

Bewertet am 10.11.2017

Review of Office Practicum - Pediatric EMR

1) OP is designed specifically for outpatient pediatrics and thus is the best pediatric EMR on the market.
2) Best Immunization algorithm and always quickly updated to reflect ACIP recommendations.
3) Have found support very responsive and continued improvements on support response as OP has grown

Challenges with integration to hospital based systems / clinically integrated networks, but I don't think this is unique to OP and is something that OP is working on.

Courtney

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

Inconsistent EMR

Absolutely horrible. I wish I could say different, but we constantly struggle to get help with this product from customer support and it takes months on end to get answers.

Scheduling was useful and so was the messaging system within OP

Customer Support was absolutely terrible. Random updates are made daily without knowledge, and effect a lot of capabilities within OP

EpicCare EMR

Warum Office Practicum gewählt wurde

This product was marketed to us as a pediatric speciality EMR

Zuvor genutzte Software

eClinicalWorks

Pediatric Specific
Antoinette

Bewertet am 9.3.2021

RUN, DON’t Walk!! Look elsewhere for an EMR!

Awful!! Implementation was difficult. There was a lot of work we had to do after hours to get up & running. We currently cannot find anyone at OP who is able to help our current billing situation. Many have tried but cannot find a solution. The system is glitchy. It will often shutdown or put go into an endless loop.

We switched from Greenway to Office Practicum 11 months ago. THE only thing I like about this product is the integrated vaccine inventory management. But even that has some glitches.

The PM side is not functional. We accept Medicaid & 2° insurance & this system cannot handle payments we receive from Medicaid. The aging report is useless. No integrated fax solution. Reports are not intuitive & difficult to figure out.

PCC

Warum Office Practicum gewählt wurde

We were going to have to switch from PrimeSuite to another Greenway product. There were some legal issues on Greenway’s side so we thought it was a good time to switch. Big mistake!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Office Practicum

Pricing was too high for what was offered.

Bewertet am 22.8.2016

Far and Away the BEST EHR for Pediatrics

The product itself is incredible. I have been using it for over 11 years and am still thrilled with it! The updates are quick and the support is extremely helpful. As it is a Pediatric specific EHR, it is ALWAYS up to date with all the latest recommendations. I absolutely LOVE it!

Not really a criticism of Connexin software specifically, but I was used to the way things were when I first purchased it, You pay for the software, and get everything. Not a huge fan of now having to pay extra for all the additional "modules" but this is the way ALL software companies seem to be now.

Courtney

Bewertet am 7.5.2015

Office Practicum

The fact it is pediatrics specific! Most EHR's don't specialize in just one specialty and when changes are needed that becomes a bit difficult. That is not the case with OP. If a new vaccine comes out OP is on it and there is no leeway time for them to get the new information uploaded into the system. Their entire focus is making the best PEDIATRIC EHR system.

It would be nice if it was written in the initial contract & price to have a trainer come onsite after years 1, 2, 5 & 10 (of implementation) to do an analysis on how the software is being utilized and ways to become more efficient.

Sandy

Bewertet am 15.6.2017

OP is a great pediatric EMR!

The portal is a great way to communicate with parents, save A LOT of paper and allow parents/patients to access their own medical records. It has saved us man-power hours and a ton of hassle. A great feature!

To have an EMR that specifically is tailored to pediatrics is key. The responsiveness of the OP staff, all the way up to the CEO, to their clients is unprecedented and so appreciated. We don't even use some of the features (yet) and we are so happy. It has made billing more efficient, chart documentation more complete and appropriate and has helped our practice immensely. We would highly recommend it for any peds practice!

The scan review feature needs tweaking - it takes a few clicks to go through scans. But even that is better than the paper system that we used prior.

Stephanie

Bewertet am 22.8.2017

A Program Catered to Your Practice

I love that OP is for pediatric practices only, so the focus is solely on ways to help our office function better. The program is easy to use and is constantly being updated with new features.

Occasionally, updates are released too quickly or without being tested and they may contain glitches which cause temporary issues.

WENDY

Bewertet am 4.12.2020

PEDS EHR

OVERALL POSITIVE-

EXCELLENT FOR PEDIATRICIANS TO UTILIZE. SUPPORT SYSTEM WORKS WELL. KEEPS US UP TO DATE ON BILLING CHANGES.
MEETING WITH BILLING DEPARTMENT HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL

TOO EXPENSIVE !! OTHER PRACTICES WE KNOW HAVE LEFT DUE TO COST OF OP

Jeffrey

Bewertet am 13.4.2017

Robust pediatric software

Extremely robust, functionality includes everything a pediatric office would ever need. Emphasis on pediatric specifics including weight based drug dosing, growth charts, and immunizations.

It is so complex that it is difficult to learn how to use all the modules, and to teach it all to staff

Debbie

Bewertet am 4.1.2018

Office Practicum is really a user friendly EHR!

I like that it is user friendly and it is specifically pediatric based. The support has been good however busy at times. I love the great tips and helpfulness from our rep, from the physician listserv and the conference. I feel like the software makes it easy to keep track of what you have outstanding and to follow up on messages, labs, superbills, etc.

I do think it is hard sometimes to get the support on more involved issues. When I call for something simple (to IT but not to me) the are quick to get it fixed but when I have a long standing issue I feel like I don't hear back for awhile. That being said I can usually get help when needed.

274 Bewertungen