Paymo Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Paymo

Paymo ist eine cloudbasierte Lösung für das Arbeits- und Projektmanagement für kleine und mittlere kundenorientierte Unternehmen. Diese Lösung unterstützt Remote-Arbeit und bietet Teamkollaboration, Ressourcenplanung,...

4,6

Bewertet am 22.3.2024

Einfaches und kompaktes Tool

Immer sehr erfolgreiches Task Managment

Die vielen möglichkeiten für das Einstellen von Tasks

Oft nicht immer so überschaubar und könnte einfacher sein

Marianela
Marianela
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 11.3.2023

Paymo represents agility in the execution of projects and quality assurance.

Paymo is an effective platform, which does not require a learning curve on the part of the people who use it, in addition to the fact that many business rules associated with the execution of projects are already implemented. On the other hand, we have visibility for the prioritization of tasks, the notification to the participants of each activity, and in general, Paymo can grow based on the needs and projects that our organization can handle.

Paymo focuses on providing a simple and efficient platform, with the implementation of those functionalities that really generate value, in addition to offering a fairly complete Dashboard for generating reports and useful information for stakeholders. With Paymo we keep our work team focused, in addition to having the mobile APP to be able to record progress directly from where we are, in real time, and notify about progress. People and users can work on more than one project at the same time and each of them knows the tasks they must perform, the times in which they want the activities to be completed, as well as being able to attach support information.With Poymo we can register with the Timer option the work dedicated to each activity and in this way we can give greater visibility to the Project Management.

Paymo has demonstrated that it meets the objectives of any project, and they are precisely: being able to offer visibility for the fulfillment of each and every one of the tasks, also guarantees that team members have delivery dates at hand and can report the advances, considering the participation of multiple projects, however, it may be that for more complex projects in which team management, use of tools and acquisition of supplies for execution are required, project managers require other complementary tools such as sheets calculation to manage what we cannot detail from the software itself, however this does not apply to all projects and may or may not be a limitation in many service areas related to traditional activity tracking.

Gerald
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

Good value for money

Overall a great app to use. We successfully manage a small team of 9 with the feature set and get good feature development feedback

Value for money, ease of set-up, timesheet format, project overview dashboard, Feature roadmap & community feedback forum

Sub-task handling, Task editor side-panel, Task template handling, Lack of project stage functionality option

Teamwork.com , monday.com und Asana

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Very difficult to manage and difficult for staff to use

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Best timesheet handling. Excellent project overview dashboard

Die besten Alternativen zu Paymo

Bewertet am 20.3.2024

For the price point, it’s worth it.

We love how easy and straightforward it can be. It’s simple to set up and easy for the team to use. It’s very basic and covers just what we need.

We don’t love that the custom service is hard to get a hold of. Theres been some features that we ideally would like tweaked and they aren’t open to suggestions.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for the feedback, we always appreciate it. We're open to user ideas, that's why we have a community forum where users can post and vote for their ideas. Unfortunately, we have to think carefully which new features would impact the majority of the userbase and also how complex and long it would take to implement.

Beantwortet am 26.3.2024
Manuel

Bewertet am 18.3.2024

Great platform for freelancers & agencies

Overall very satisified. I wish Paymo would offer more customization and more robust templates, or a clever AI assistant which analyzes my usage and makes suggestions to save me more time.

I like that Paymo can be used with different setups and requirements. As a freelancer, I can set up my clients, my projects and keep track of all of them. It's a critical app for me.

The mobile app needs more refinement. As i invite guests over to my project dashboard, I am currently unable to notify them whenever I post a comment. This has been unsresolved for a while so I barely use the app.

ClickUp

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Trello is very easy to start out with, but it lacks collaboration features and time tracking. Collaboration is better when in the paid tier but that exceeds Paymo, since you have to pay for a seat for every client.

Trello

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Paymo had a competitive pricing in comparison.
Gareth

Bewertet am 14.3.2024

Valuable Addition to Business

Great experience, and had issues with invoice templates, but received an update from support and the issue was fixed within 10 minutes.
The time I have saved this year is immeasurable.

Priced to replace the free versions of the software.
Automation of invoices, compared to using Pages template. If more work is completed for an un-invoiced project, editing the invoice is a simple process.
The dashboard to keep track of all projects makes things much easier, compared to my old Google Sheets attempt at a project tracker.
Archiving completed projects allows quick filtering of only the important things.
Time reports allow a quick insight into what is still to be invoiced.

I would like a quick notes section added to the dashboard, A daily checklist of the work day, rather than a specific project.

Odoo und QuickBooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

There were a lot of free versions of what Paymo offers, but having them all in one product is perfect. Odoo is the most recent one I've considered, but it would take a lot for me to move.
Stephen

Bewertet am 27.3.2024

Scale up with Paymo

Wonderful. Highly recommended and can vouch from consistent use that it’s worth it

An excellent resource for companies wishing to scale up and manage efficiency and quality. Remove the stress and focus on what you do best

The project management can get in the way of itself and isn’t as intuitive as it can be switching between time, projects, clients and invoices but it’s improving every month

HubSpot CRM und Zendesk Suite

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Price and quality with integrated options

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Price, ease of use and quality over other products
Michelle

Bewertet am 27.3.2024

Consulting

Great! It's been SO HELPFUL!
It's been such a huge help for our business.

I really like the time-tracking methods, tracking project tasks, sub-tasks, etc. Running the reports in different formats is super useful.

The timing tracking for invoicing is tricky since we have a mix of types of billable expenses on a project. I still export our timesheets to do the calculations and then send an invoice in QuickBooks.

QuickBooks Time , Trello , Tableau , monday.com und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

It was easy to use. Good discount for small businesses. Liked the different viewing options.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. When creating an invoice you can create it based on tracked time, flat rate tasks, retainers, expenses etc. And then send the invoice to Quickbooks online.

If you're not sure on h0w to do that, please contact our team, we would be more than happy to help you.

Beantwortet am 29.3.2024
Michelle
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

Bewertet am 26.3.2024

Paymo Invoices

I've been using Paymo for years, and I don't plan to switch. It's easy to use, reasonably priced, and it is continuously updated and improved.

I don't use the project management features because I don't need them. So for me, that aspect is overkill. But I am sure other people need those features.

Faruk
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Design Office

It has a simple interface and I can easily plan our projects and track the tasks even if I am not a professional project manager. It does not complicate the user's work with unnecessary details.

Since the billing system is not integrated with the local electronic billing system, it cannot be a fluent billing tool. However, Paymo serves us very well even without using this feature.

Teamwork.com , Zoho Projects und Wrike

Wrike

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Paymo seemed easier to use than other alternatives for our small project management needs. Additionally, the pricing is more affordable than other alternatives.
Barbara
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 12.3.2024

It works for what we want with it

We use it for hour tracking, registration and invoices, and for that, it works well. We don't need a separate manual because the UI is self-explanatory, which is really nice.

- Ease of setting it up
- Ease of making new projects
- How flexible the time report options are

- Invoice generation is quite slow sometimes
- It's not easy to add time entries from multiple projects on 1 invoice
- It isn't easy to remind customers of outstanding invoices manually
- Sometimes the totals in the table views aren't correct due to lazy loading the results

HoorayHR

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

More features, at the time Paymo was more advanced than Moneybird
Mitch

Bewertet am 31.10.2019

Best in the Biz (I think)

What do I like best - the value. When searching for a solution Paymo offered the most for the least and has been continuously working to improve the APP. I work remotely and have been using Paymo to track clients and send time reports to my office for billing a few years now and it has worked flawlessly. The time tracker is great, the time reports are great. There is, I am sure, a tonne of functionality that I haven't even tapped into but it does everything I need very quickly and cleanly. Navigating is a breeze, editing is a breeze, and exporting reports is a breeze.

My least favorite thing is that every time Paymo refreshes I have to set up all of my preferences again. I have to switch the view, add in a filter to see the projects the way I want, adjust the Time Report forms back the way I had them set up yesterday. Just switching the view from List to Table should be something I should be able to lock-in as a default view.

Trello , Basecamp und Wrike

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

We switched from the self-hosted app because keeping it updated and maintained was timeconsuming and if anything crashed on our server it was going to be a headache. After exploring options moving to Paymo for the low monthly fee made a lot of sense for something we were using every day.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

We chose Paymo mostly for value. It offered the most (at the time - I haven't shopped around in a while) for the least and part of the criteria when we were searching to replace the self-hosted open-source software we were using at the time (I don't remember what it was called - 2014 installed through Softaculous on the cPanel). But also, we chose Paymo because the UI was great. It looked good and was really intuitive to get around the app. It has only gotten better.

Antwort von Paymo

Good news, Mitch: time reports will be upgraded and support a more used friendly interface.

About the preference issue, can you please write it down on our community forum so it gets more traction from the community?

Thank you!

Beantwortet am 14.1.2020
Pavol
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

Paymo is a great software across platforms

Paymo helps to organize, plan and report our projects

Easy to learn, easy to use, with lot of features, super support, progressive software, they add lot of integrations, mobile apps, use via web browser

Some features wait for upgrade, iPad integration missing

Teamwork.com , Trello , Float und Wrike

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Paymo had gantt chart planning integrated, mobile app and was cheaper.

Teamwork.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

Paymo has a mobile app, portfolio gantt chart, time tracking, invoicing, etc. And paymo is really nice software.

Thank you, Pavol!

Can you tell me more about those features that you're talking about?

iPad support is not in our plans atm - sorry!

You can write us at [email protected] and ask for Marcel ;)

Cheers!

Jonathan

Bewertet am 17.6.2020

Impressed

Overall I have been really impressed with Paymo, it has merged many of the tools I would often have to use seperate services for and that alone is a massive time & cost saver. Support has been excellent in the few times I have had to contact them, & I have enjoyed implementing the service as the hub for my project management needs. I look forward to the updates the Paymo team bring in the future.

The biggest selling point for me was the project management facility alongside the app & timer for time tracking. Prior to this I had used a mix of Toggl + Trello, then when I moved to Quickbooks TSheets + Trello + Quickbooks.

Switching to Paymo streamlined this so that I could do all the project management and time tracking in one suite. Quickbooks integration was a necessity also considering all my finances have been handled there too.

Support has been excellent as well, tickets are resolved quickly and always someone available to give a helping hand or to receive feedback.

The biggest con was actually a feature I asked about before signing up for a subscription. At present the task management boards have no guest access facility. This was a feature I was really looking for as previously I used Trello to share proofs & receive feedback from clients. Having contacted support they have informed me that this feature is on the roadmap and undergoing testing, so hopefully will arrive in the not too distant future.

The web application could also benefit from more keyboard shortcuts as well. This is something I miss from Trello that was incredibly useful, but will mention to support as a feature request, alongside a dark mode or more options for theming the application. (There are chrome extensions that can partially cover this, but native support would be even more appreciated).

monday.com und Asana

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

I found TSheets as a time tracker cumbersome, as it was really built around a larger workforce. It also lacked the project management features that Paymo offered, so had to rely on Trello to cover that.

QuickBooks Time

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

I felt it was better value for my needs, and offered the integrated Quick-books facilities that were necessary to replace TSheets.

Antwort von Paymo

Happy to hear that we streamline not just time tracking, but invoicing (including the QB integration)!

Indeed, the client portal with in-app access to guest users is our #1 priority. It's a large task, with a lot of implications, so we're making sure to check all the community's needs :)

Shortcuts will be more frequent too.

Kind regards,
Marcel

Neal
Neal

Bewertet am 25.6.2020

Paymo has grown, evolved, and expanded alongside of the needs of our business.

Seriously, everything! I mentioned time tracking earlier but Paymo also does project management, client management, invoicing, estimation, Zapier integration, scheduling, team tasking...and the list goes on and on.

Time tracking is seamlessly integrated into our current designer workflow. This allows us to calculate the actual time spent on the job so clients understand where their money is being spent. It also allows us to identify where we need to increase project costs (9/10 times it's with 'customer correspondence').

We've been with Paymo for over 10 years so it was a bit of a kick when they started charging for functionality like Gant Charts. We've always loved the complete 'soup-to-nuts' service that Paymo offered so when certain items were put behind another paywall it definitely stung a bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trello , Basecamp und Asana

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

As we expanded our business to include larger, quick-turn clients, we needed a better way to track time spent on projects. We found Paymo and started to implement time tracking and project management. It wasn't long before we were using it for estimating, invoicing, and reporting payroll. Almost a decade later, the platform continues to amaze us with updates and support that we never would have received from other services. We've even had folks join our team from Nike/adidas that say Paymo is something they wish they had at their previous jobs.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

It comes down to 'bread and butter' of time tracking and project management. We've since added Slack and Trello to our ranks, but have never found a better, more cost-effective way of managing our day-to-day operations than Paymo.

Antwort von Paymo

Loved the "(9/10 times it's with customer correspondence)" part, Neal :)

Besides Gantt Charts, the Business plan also comes with a Team Scheduling module, 100 GB of storage, and priority support.

We found this plan to be more appealing to larger teams, that's why we've decided to include it in a separate plan.

What specifically do you need from Gantt Charts, the ability to set dependencies or see task deadlines on a calendar?

If it's the latter one, then I have some good news: we're going to launch a task calendar view in the near future, so stay tuned!

Beantwortet am 25.6.2020
Jason

Bewertet am 23.2.2023

Paymo is the easiest project/billing/payment platform I've ever used and their support is...

I spend half as much time getting things done in Paymo compared to my last system (Bonsai). My old solution wasn't horrible, it's just that Paymo is so much better.I'm spending less time in the software because everything's seamless, and that's with my number of projects more than doubling right around the time I was onboarding. Seriously, the support has been fantastic.

Before I talk about my experience with individual features, it's super important to me to say how incredibly responsive and helpful Paymo's support team is. Throughout my onboarding process, we ran into a few issues (some my fault, and a couple small glitches on Paymo's side), but their support team is the best I've ever had. They're fast, helpful, and are serious about taking care of me. Shout out to [sensitive content hidden], who have both been so helpful! The entire reason I switched to Paymo (from Bonsai) was because my old solution was so frustrating in locking me into dumb processes from Project > Tasks > Estimate > Complete Tasks > Invoicing, it was a nightmare. I have retainer clients that will send us a set of small 1 or 2 hour quick tasks, but billing against them was a nightmare because of how Bonsai locked you into their Step 1, step 2, step 3 process.Paymo doesn't get in my way like Bonsai did, it's soooo much easier to track time, capture a subset of timesheet hours into an invoice, and send it on. No kidding, Paymo saves me about 15 minutes on every invoice I sent and probably saves at least 30 minutes for each estimates/quotes.The Paymo macOS app is phenomenally convenient for tracking time on projects. I will never again be without a time tracking app like Paymo, I've recaptured so many lost billable hours by using it.Their Paymo Payments system has worked great for me. I don't have all that much to comment on because it's just seamless for the client.

I ran into some issues when signing up for their payments system (their payment system works great, this is just the sign-up process). At the time, I was a sole proprietorship and I don't think their processes were tuned that well for my type of business because I had to send in a lot of documentation to get approved (I think it was for fraud prevention measures).BUT, I want to say [sensitive content hidden] was so helpful, and really made it her mission to handle it and get it pushed through, which she did. And she's also lovely and friendly to talk to.There have been one or two other small glitches I ran into that were both handled by support immediately. Neither of them were mission-critical or blocked anything I had to get done. Bpgo

TimeCamp , FreshBooks , Harvest und Clockify

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

It did everything I needed it to and then some, but it was still simple and well thought out. Every feature is a real feature, there's nothing that's been shoehorned in or half-baked. Also, the workflows are really flexible, so I'm not stuck in "their process", I can use my own preferences and workflows.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 10.1.2023

Paymo makes coordinating projects and tasks easy

We have complete control over all of our projects, both active and dormant, which allows us to give our clients nothing but the highest quality results.

The Time-Tracking functionality is what ultimately led us to select Paymo. With Paymo, we can easily keep track of our time spent on each client's and each project's work, as well as generate time reports. When necessary, we can send out invoices that can be paid with PayPal, regardless of whether the customer is a registered Paypal user or not.

I wish there were more visual formatting options for estimates and invoices. As a designer, I know how crucial it is to pay close attention to detail, and I'd appreciate it if my bills and estimates reflected that.

Holly

Bewertet am 18.6.2020

Paymo allows us to communicate and share client information with ease

Our business has grown since we started using Paymo, and it's great that we can grow with Paymo. We keep improving how we work and interact with Paymo and it is an integral part of the day-to-day of our business.

The scheduling tool has been a lifesaver. We have been using Paymo for year to manage our projects. All communication is via Paymo, to ensure there is one place where all updates are available to all staff.
We recently started using scheduling

We feel like the app could do with some work but the desktop version is great!

Slack , monday.com und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paymo

It seemed to have more ability to have detailed information sharing through project updates etc

Kudos, Holly!

Not sure if you reffered to the mobile app. If yes, then I'm glad to tell you it's going to include task assignment, rich task details, and comments in the next update that we're currently working on.

Stay tuned!

Federico
Federico
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 16.3.2020

All the features to manage my work, projects and invoicing

First of all, Paymo is easy to begin to use. I need to keep a record of the time and tasks I execute in the projects I work, but also I need to invoice my clients. Some invoice should be sent recurring, so I needed that feature. Also, I found that Paymo have an API to import my current clients and projects.

I was using another sowftware but no new features were realeased during years and the support was inexistent. Then I searched for another software to help me to organize my work and tested a lot of options. Paymo was perfect for what I was looking for and the support service was always ready. Also, since I was using the software new features were realeased.

It was not easy to understand how the recurring invoices work, so I have to read some help documents. I think that general usability is good, but I think that some features should be made more easy to use.

Antwort von Paymo

Thank you, Federicoo! Can you write us on our community forum (https://community.paymoapp.com/) about how we can improve recurring invoices and the other features you have in mind?

We're always open for feedback :)

Beantwortet am 17.6.2020
Matijs
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 26.3.2024

Easy to set up and use

Paymo is a nice piece of software where we can do exactly the things we need to do. It has a good uptime.

It's easy to setup and use. You can use it straight forward and adding clients and projects is easy.

The fact there is no 2-way authentication is really a thing here, also the lack on smaller accounts is a miss. We only use time tracking, invoicing and basic clients and projects. We don't need canban boards or options like that.

Bewertet am 23.10.2019

Paymo Review

Support is great!

The ease of use and ability to switch views of dashboards, tasks is great. The functionality of tracking time without using a third-party tool is also great.

No desktop or mobile version and cost is slightly higher than competition.

Trello , monday.com und Asana

Warum Paymo gewählt wurde

Paymo was a lot more specific to our industry and was more user friendly.

monday.com

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the kind words! We believe in the power of web and want to make Paymo accessible from everywhere, that's why we've opted for a web version.

The only desktop apps that we have are the desktop widget and PaymoPlus - download them here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/

As for the cost, it's a bit of a subjective matter. We couple task management with time tracking, planning, resource scheduling, invoicing, and leave planner - so we pretty much replace the cost of 3-4 apps on average.

Not sure which competitors you've tested us against, so can't make a definitive comment.

Cheers,
Marcel

Beantwortet am 14.1.2020
Olga
Olga
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

Great app for small business

We have been using Paymo for two years and it has become an essential tool for our business: we control our database of clients, projects, budgets, times and offer a professional image with the invoicing. Also, we use it as basic CRM. We are happy with the customer service and with the best and updates that are added to the app.

Paymo is very useful for budget and billing control, time tracking and customer and project management.

I would like it to have more advanced functionalities like CRM

Antwort von Paymo

Appreciate the feedback, Olga!

Indeed, we have no CRM function per se. What we have instead is a light client databse in the form of the Client module.

You can then filter after them in the Clients Table View: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3064844-clients-table-view

Would this help?

Frank
Frank

Bewertet am 14.7.2019

Constantly improving

Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better.
The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

- Great, flexible project management tool
- perfectly scalable
- a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.)
- provides a lot of insights per project and client
- Very friendly and personal customer service.
- Good value for the money

- Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them
- Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow.
- A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Asana

Pricing and UX

Hi Frank,

Nicely worded, thank you!

We're working on an improved client portal, with in-app access to guest users so they can contribute and view the project progress in real-time. Follow the thread for it here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2

Onboarding-wise, the focus for 2020 is going to be on in-app tool tips and video tutorials. Hope this will help you! :)

Beantwortet am 15.1.2020
Luc
Luc
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 17.6.2020

Using it since 2016 and every update makes me happier

It works, never failed me. Questions with support are always quickly answered and they're very helpful.

I've been using this product since 2016 and did so in several ways. Every time an update is implemented it's surprises me on it's effectiveness. It just keeps running smoother and smoother. Besides that the tools in the app are nicely designed an clearly structured i like the (multiple) supporting apps to track time very useful. Also nicely integrated with other apps through API. It's just a great product.

I'm finding more and more ways to implement other workflows in there. My Getting things done method and trello (kanban) are easy to implement. Maybe a notetaking system to implement Zettelkasten (knowledgebase) in there aswell.

Antwort von Paymo

Thank you, Luc, for your kind words :)

Please upvote this feature request on notes on our community forum to get more traction: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/wiki-or-notes-for-each-project/722

Anne

Bewertet am 13.4.2023

I could not run my business without Paymo!

I felt like I was drowning with random to-do lists and notes all over my office when I started my business. Now I know where to look for everything, and items are much less likely to fall through a crack. I have also had excellent and prompt experiences with customer service. Whenever I have had an issue, they stick with me until the problem has been solved!

Task creation and time tracking remotely are essential tools I use daily for my business. I appreciate that it integrates with my accounting software and is easy to train others to use. Running a small business is challenging, and Paymo helps me keep on track and organized.

I do wish I could integrate some tasks into my Google or ICal. Meetings would be great if they could show up there, and I wouldn't have to input the information in two places. I don't want all of my daily tasks, but I would love site visits, out-of-office, or meetings to show up in both areas.

687 Bewertungen