ShipStation Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über ShipStation

ShipStation ist eine Multi-Carrier- und Multi-Channel-Versandlösung, mit der der Versand und die Auftragsabwicklung für Online-Händler vereinfacht werden. Funktionen wie Batch-Versand, Preisnachlässe für den Versand, Bestands-...

4,4

Nutzerbewertungen zu ShipStation durchsuchen

898 von 898 Bewertungen
David K
David K

Bewertet am 15.3.2018

Test your shipping software - they're not all made the same

I moved from Stamps.com and cut my shipping and customer service time by 80%. I adopted this software at ~15 packages per day because it was more expensive than Stamps.com. Bad move!!! Pay extra for ShipStation from the start.

I've used ShipStation, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, Stamps.com, Ordoro, and SolidCommerce with a few clients. My two favorite are ShipStation and ShippingEasy. They both have different strengths - sweat the small stuff because it really makes a difference if you're shipping 200+ packages a day. It's worth using two or more systems and then picking the best. The time spent is worth the effort.

I use ShipStation for managing the shipping and customer service from my website, Amazon, Walmart, Jet, Ebay, and Etsy. The application is rock solid. Creating manual orders is simple, as is importing orders and combining shipments. I like that I can place orders on hold and setup future shipments. Other vendors like ShippingEasy cannot do this (yet). We get a fair number or orders that have a bad address and we're able to put orders on hold until we hear back from the customer. This shipping rules and kitting options are fairly robust. It is easy to identify return customers (this is something not done well by other platforms). The UI is very buttoned-up. ShipStation also has a superior "Search Customers" function that will search on 3 and 4 part names, city, state... Some of the other vendors fail here. Having good search reduces customer service time.

There are some things that ShippingEasy does better - e.g. they're a single page application and that means that the interface is super fast. ShipStation is slower as you mover around in the interface. I wish that ShipStation could manage my inventory across marketplaces and I'm in love with how some of the other vendors solicit reviews using marketing/email automation. I hope someday that vendors like ShipStation will also connect to Auth.net or Stripe.com so that we can Auth and Settle New Manual Orders. It takes a bit longer to learn ShipStation but if you're running a larger/complicated business you'll come to appreciate the power that comes with the complexity.

Lena
  • Branche: Tierarzt

Bewertet am 7.2.2022

ShipStation Provides Everything Needed

ShipStation makes online order fulfillment easy. It imports all of your order and customer information into the software from most online selling platforms. It pulls the shipping information so all you have to do is confirm and ship. It is easy to customize your settings such as packing slips and messages to buyers. I love how it sends the tracking number back to the appropriate platform so that I don’t have to do that manually. The shipping prices are low and all shipping options are available. I highly recommend using this for order fulfillment.

I like how all shipping services are available and easy to apply. Everything is easy to understand and operate. The software communicates with most selling platforms and keeps updated inventory.

I would like the pricing to be based on volume not number of platforms.

Bryan
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette

Bewertet am 8.3.2018

Shipstation is great software for the price, but it has its limitations

Shipstation is great, but as you scale out your business you will most likely need to move to a more robust WMS. For many start up companies that do not have a lot of inventory or a high volume of SKU's, Shipstation will provide a powerful tool that can help speed up fulfillment and release many of the frustration of shipping product while not costing you huge amounts of money.

Shipstation is great for companies that are looking for a label printing solution for there shopping carts. Shipstation is able to handle high volumes of orders and allows for labels to be pre-printed, which can greatly increase the fulfillment time. There are pretty good filtering options that can lead to more efficiencies when printing that can save time with your fulfillment team.

Shipstation integrates with many different platforms fairly seamlessly, which allows for more diversity in the ever growing number of platforms that are out there. They are also constantly adding new platforms that can integrated with.

I think the fact that this software is user friendly and efficient in its design makes this software a worthwhile investment for those that need a better shipping solution.

The issues that we have run into with this software as we have scaled to processing over 3000 shipments a day are too many holes which can cause many opportunities for errors, processing speeds, and lack of flexibility.

When you are processing up to 3000 orders a day problems flesh themselves out quickly. One issue that has arisen is the inability to hold people accountable when errors occur. For example, since the labels are pre-printed there is not a simple to way to know who misshiped an order when it is sent incorrectly to a customer. On top of that, since the labels are pre-print there is no way to verify through software on the outbound that a shipment is correct. You have to trust that your team is packing order correctly, which is guaranteed to cause problems regardless. There is also the possibility that labels can be double printed or not printed at all since labels are processed and then a PDF is created to print orders. This has been costly for us an multiple occasions, which is hardly preventable no matter who you have printing.

Due to the fact that Shipstation is cloud based this can cause issues with processing speeds. We have seen hang ups (especially on Mondays) that cause the whole team to be slowed down due.

The other issue with cloud based system is the lack of flexibility for Shipstation to be customized to how you would like it. If changes are made they have to be made globally, which can take a while or just simply cannot happen altogether.

Die besten Alternativen zu ShipStation

Kristen
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette

Bewertet am 19.2.2024

Useful tool

Overall Shipstation has been a useful tool for our 3PL. There isn't anything else quite like it.

Shipstation is easy to use and helpful for shipping!

Some features are buggy. We often have trouble with scales not working properly. Sometimes during peak seasons Shipstation cannot handle the capacity and crashes.

irina

Bewertet am 19.4.2021

The Shipping Software To Beat All Shipping Softwares

Love at first sight. Everything from the easy of customizing the packing slip, email confirmation and delivery emails. The fact that it integrates with almost every platform - and even if it doesn't you can custom code your own store with their open API. Really, a fantastic piece of work.

What I liked the most was how easy it is to set up and get going It has a great UI that's extremely easy to use daily. Automations make daily life easier and rate preview is a godsend. I can go on.....

The least that I like about this software is that they HAVE the ability to suggest features and updates, however, I don't really see too many of them actually be implemented. Now, that's not saying they don't implement any - but there are some pretty important ones that have a ton of upvotes that tech devs have said would be relatively easy to do, but they don't. Maybe there is something I just don't know...

Ronald
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Bewertet am 23.12.2019

Shipstation Changed My Life

We started with shipstation when our small online shop was shipping well under 100 items a month. I'd tried a few other softwares, and none of them compared. Now, our business has grown many, many times over, and shipstation has scaled with us without a hitch. It's incredibly easy to use, integrates wonderfully with our online storefront, ebay, etc... I've recommended it to many, many people over the years, and I really can't imagine running my business without it!

Ease of use and feature richness. We had tried a couple of other shipping systems for our online shop, and none were as intuitive and user friendly as Shipstation. We were able to get up and running very quickly when we first started, and now, many years later, I've learned much of the the deep functionality that lays beneath the simple surface.

I had to think a while, but I do with the dashboard reporting was a bit clearer and easier to read. There are a couple of widgets on there that I have still to figure out quite how to read.

Warum ShipStation gewählt wurde

We needed something more powerful and intuiutive

Zuvor genutzte Software

Stamps.com

I preferred the interface
Brett
  • Branche: Tabak

Bewertet am 27.6.2019

Shipping software that speeds things up

ShipStation has been crucial to our workflow and we'd have wasted hours a week if we were still having to manually enter data. The staff at ShipStation is helpful when you need them but they COULD do a better job implementing features that customers request.

We like that you can use ShipStation to import and update orders on your shopping cart software with very little effort.

The cost may be prohibitive for users only using minimal feature set, but still a good value compared to manually hand-jamming data.

ShippingEasy

Warum ShipStation gewählt wurde

ShipStation offered a better integration with our shopping cart platform.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ShipStation

Both the user interface and integrations were slightly better with ShipStation.

Bewertet am 29.10.2020

Shipstation Makes Multi Channel Shipping Insanely easy

I love it. I love that it offers to combine orders from the some customer together, I love that I can create global rules for each platform. I love that it integrates with every platform and you don't need to worry about having any kind of issue there. It works with special shipping options like seller fulfilled prime. Really could not be happier.

Integration is a cinch. YOu really need next to no technical knowledge to set this up on most platforms. Once you create all the rules anyone and I mean anyone can just come in and fulfill all your orders.

Honestly, I would say that I wish it was free but it is as I like to say WEP - Worth Every Penny, and it doesn't really cost very much.

Scotty
Scotty
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

ShipStation is essential for small business

ShipStation has been a great improvement over what I was using before. It's just as clean and easy to use, but also provides a lot of physical efficiencies for my business.

What I like most is the ability to print directly onto adhesive labels. It sounds like a small thing, but having to print out labels on a paper, and then cut/fold them, and then place into a label sleeve takes a lot of time and effort when packaging a large number of orders. ShipStation allows me to print and stick in one easy step.

What I like least is because it is not affiliated with an official carrier service (FedEx, USPS, etc) I have to actually go and drop off the packages. A carrier will not come to my business to pick it up.

• Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 23.2.2020

Difficult to utilize, poor customer support, expensive postage, features can be more automated

Difficult to get problems with user interface resolved, such as simple login between two computers

Ease of usedont accept many characters to

Difficult to utilize - Need to login on a certain browser or 1 PC at a time
Poor customer support - Email vollies back and forth with no problem resolution
Expensive postage - Above 1 lb. is more expensive than ebay and Amazon.
Features can be more automated - Same shipments cannot save on every type shipment, Certain pulldown fields not functional like the cubic selection or delivery confirmation, write text fields don't take enough characters to make the phrase, Amazon inteface fails to download orders, etc.

Marc
  • Branche: Musik

Bewertet am 12.4.2021

I'm done.

Shipping software is supposed to make shipping easy this software is a frustrating waste of time.

It worked great until they did an update to the interface now it's worthless.

I have used ShipStation for years they did an update about a year ago and it all went to shit after that, I constantly have to reset the printer to recognize the software and now I have spent an hour trying to print a label with no success. For some reason they are double entering sales so I have to delete one so it doesn't throw the totals out of wack. Looking up shipped packages some don't show up even though it was shipped. My clients are not receiving a tracking # email so I have to answer the "Where's my stuff email. Done.

Mauro
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.1.2023

ShipStation Is the All In One Solution For Any Business Shipping Product

So far implementation has been straight forward, and support has been useful to get to where we need to be, so we have no complaints and our experience so far has been that we are dealing with professionals.

The price checking, the tracking, the integration the ease of use...all lead to an excellent product.

So far we have not run into anything major but we have just implemented and are still in testing phase so we need more time for a list of potential cons to emerge (if any do)

Warum ShipStation gewählt wurde

Price Shopping made easy.

Zuvor genutzte Software

FedEx Ship Manager

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ShipStation

The array of features, the pricing and the seemingly straight forward integrations were the main factors.
Mike
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

Bewertet am 9.3.2018

Expansive Shipment Management

There's no doubt that ShipStation is built well and has the necessary features to please companies of all sizes. We've found very few problems in our 2-3 years of utilizing the platform and it's the best solution we've found to this point. We would recommend the system to any company looking to expertly manage its shipping operations.

Our publishing company utilizes ShipStation to handle inventory and shipping management. The system is extremely comprehensive, offering a robust feature set covering orders, shipments, products, customers, and reports. It's easy to set up multiple stores for different aspects of the business in order to keep the silos separate, and alerts draw your eye to the areas that need attention. ShipStation can also be seamlessly integrated with various e-commerce platforms so that orders are ported directly over and into the shipment queue. Once shipped, we enjoy the tracking features that allow our team to check shipment status whenever customers have inquiries. Additionally, there's an insight section that shows how many customers interacted with a their personal tracking pages, how many shipment notifications have gone out in a given time period, and general sales trends.

The interface isn't the prettiest, but it gets the job done and doesn't suffer from glitches. Occasionally, we have a little bit of trouble locating a specific option because the system has so many features. Perhaps the organization or visibility of some areas could be improved.

hedi

Bewertet am 22.6.2021

Almost half of my 3000 orders came back as "not enough postage"

Terrible. Insulting. Their answer was an irrelevant statement that I should then choose a different setting. No acknowledgement of the situation they created. They should have made the correct recommendation before the 3000 products were prepared for shipping

What would ShipStation do if 3000 of your orders got returned due to incorrect shipping? Shipping that was chosen from Shipstation software and verbally verified?
Absolutely nothing. Visit BBB and you'll see that I filed a complaint months ago and the case has been closed due to unresponsive communication and in their words "not knowing what to do" from Shipstation. There is a list of events below for reference This was the final communication with ShipStation. It was their turn to respond and they did not.

1- On 4/9/21 products were ready to be dropped off at the post office but it was rejected due to the pricing of the stamps and the thickness of the package
2- Although the ShipStation labels verified the cost and dimensions for Letter Size 5 by 4 by 1 inch at .51 cents, the labels had to be reprinted, products repackaged with less insulation.
3- Help was hired for the packaging and re-packaging of all the products at $12/hr for 2 employees.
4- Shipstation had no solution. In fact, my account rep’s exact words were: “ I don’t know what to do.” and referred us to Stamps.com
5- Stamps website suggested the use of the setting for Large Envelope size 5 by 4 by .75 inches for $1.00.

6- Since the envelopes were getting run through a machine with disregard for the size indicated on ShipStation, the product was ruined for a lot of customers.

This product had to be fulfilled again and shipped.

Customer service and Shipstation software are not informed of the correct setting / pricing of shipping a product. The settings chosen by Shipstation software and recommended by Customer service were wrong. The post office would not accept the packages that were verified multiple times by Shipstation.

• Branche: Möbel

Bewertet am 6.10.2022

ShipStation customers need to beware

Horrible. It started off with every feature working great, until two months later when they rolled out "new version"s that removed or broke most of what we used the software for. Customer Service responded months later to my accounting outage just to say they werent going to do anything.

OMS, carrier, product, inventory and integrations

Everything. There isn't a single feature in ShipStation they haven't changed in the last two years and made worse. Integrations are broken and the team doesn't work on them. Order Management has become barren of features as they remove things instead of fixing them. You can't trust that a feature you rely on will be maintained. Customer Service group is absolutely worthless and the development team doesn't work on any request. The forums are a joke. Tons of people with tons and tons of people supporting their bug reports, feature requests, etc. and all being completely ignored by ShipStation.

Accounting integration
Andy
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 31.10.2022

Great product, good customer service, some initial printing speed issues

Good implementation experience, good usage, and good customer support. some minor label speed issues were eventually resolved, and the solution helped the business to scale tenfold which they could simply not have done without it.

Easy to implement, we used a 3rd party to help integrate with Sage200 and the data flow worked very well indeed, not immediate but fast enough for the business to get the order data via Sage200 into ShipStation, and integration with multiple couriers was simple. Customer service was helpful and did their best to help with every issue we had.

We had a number of label printing speed issues that despite best efforts the ShipStation customer service and tech support were unable to resolve - we eventually found out that we needed network label printers instead of USB printers as the USB caused a bottleneck, but it took a long time and a lot of testing to get to this conclusion.

Stephen
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft

Bewertet am 26.2.2021

Great product but nonexistent customer servicet

It is incredibly helpful when all is well and is a major benefit to businesses that ship.

I pay for "Silver service" which boasts "Live Chat support". There is no live chat support actually and we have submitted tickets via email that have gone unanswered for weeks. This dramatically impacts our business. What could take potentially minutes to sort out with tech support could feasibly cost us thousands of dollars in lost revenue. Customer support is immediately there for on-boarding new clients....but is entirely absent when it comes to upholding promises of live support, or sustaining proper functioning of customer accounts.
I get that times are tough and some delays can be expected, but to promise live chat support and then not respond for weeks on end just feels like negligence at this point. Just because its more profitable to focus on new accounts than it is to help existing customers doesn't mean its the right thing to do.  Please reallocate some resources to uphold your promise to provide customer service.

• Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 7.8.2021

Excellent Platform for Multi-Carrier Shipments

My overall experience with ShipStation has been a seamless one, with a very simple setup at the beginning of the process with a easy to follow and easy to use platform to follow up until today. I have been able to instruct some of my coworkers on how to deal with the platform and they were able to obtain a solid understanding of its functionalities within a matter of minutes, which suggests that really anyone can manage this service with just a short amount of training.

What I like most about this software is its capability of offering shipment options from all of the major shipment carriers, those being USPS, UPS, and FedEx. I also very much like the fact that all shipments are charged at the same rate as if you would be shipping them from an on-site location, which in turn provides an incredible convenience factor. All of the shipments made from all of the carriers used are consolidated into one easy to handle screen, where the shipping labels can be generated from and then tracked online. Overall, a great platform, and I would definitely recommend it to those who ship packages on a regular basis.

There is not much to dislike about this software when it comes to its functionalities and ease of use and setup, when I think about it to a great extent. The only con that I can potentially think of is the pricing of the service, which I feel would could be a little lower in order to attract even more potential consumers. When comparing the costs of this service with those of their competitors, one might argue that the cost of the service could be a little more competitive. Other than that one aspect, there is not much else to report on the negative front.

• Branche: Kosmetik

Bewertet am 9.10.2023

Necessary to get ship done!

Totally necessary for our small business to ship our cosmetic products with ShipStation. Couldn't have run our business without it.

I loved how easily it integrated with our Squarespace shop. We used Shipstation to print labels and to manage which orders we shipped. The label-making was flexible enough for us and let us be a little custom with a brand logo. Was also great how it worked with UPS, FedEx, and all the other shipping types. Customer service was always quite helpful and easy to access.

I remember going back a forth a lot between Shipstation and Squarespace and wishing more was integrated into Shipstation so that I could just stay on that platform.

Rutchie Mae
  • Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 7.2.2023

ShipStation -Connecting extra carriers and distribution channels in one Dashboard

I would recommend the Platform to any company looking to expertly manage its shipping operations just like FabFitFun. I love the Powerful Features which are easy to use. It is easy for the company to connect with various marketplaces, shopping carts, order management systems, and other systems — all from a single, simple platform. Superb customer service is a plus. Keep Rockin'

I like how ShipStation swiftly and efficiently manages the order inventory. With ShipStation, it helps the company to coordinate with multiple carriers and order sources in one place. It has an excellent integration with the main shipping service to accelerate shipping management activities.

Sometimes, ShipStation may fail to print the labels the user wants but this can be manually downloaded and printed from outside ShipStation. Despite this, there is still a lot in there to explore since the user interface is good.

Bewertet am 22.7.2022

Shipstation is great for managing orders and purchasing shipping but still needs a lot of work

Shipstation has great rates for shipping but if I could find a program that would allow us to edit packing slips, provided the same rates, and I could easily sync with shopify then I would switch because the customer service is abysmal.

I like the ease of syncing our orders with shopify, shipping them through shipstation, and having the tracking number then re-uploaded to shopify.

I had an issue a long time ago of not being able to change SKU or UPC numbers in my inventory. It has been a year and customer service never figured it out or replied to my most recent messages. We were able to edit the packing slips on our old plan, then they changed it so you had to be upgraded further to access that ability. We have an error on our old packing slip and am not able to get it fixed unless I pay an additional $100 for one month.

Emily
  • Branche: Lagerung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 27.9.2023

ShipStation for B2B (Parcel/LTL/FTL)

Overall, ShipStation has been a successful solution for our team - allowing us to cut down on lead times and expedite important orders

Ease of use - it is very easy to train new team member as the system is intuitive. We have been able to create custom tags that allow our team to gain more detail into orders to ensure the shipping method is best for the order.

Splitting shipment can be difficult to manage and often fail to fulfil correctly in our connected ERP system. We have increased our freight shipments, tracking and booking we have had to do outside of ShipStation for these orders.

Philip
Philip

Bewertet am 14.1.2022

Frustration, no reason

Started off fine, I've shipped thousands of packages so far. A couple years ago, Shipstation decided they wanted to completely change the interface. No thanks. About the same time, the software started getting glitchy. Everytime I use it, I must completely reload the software first, or else hangs and doesn't ever send labels to the printer. I've reported this to Shipstation support at least 7 times, they don't care.

If there's any interaction, it goes something like this:
Me: I'm having this problem, it happens exactly when I do this
SS: Are you saying that it happens exactly when you do this?
Me: That's what I said, I've tried these things
SS: Can you try doing those things again? Have you tried doing them again, again?
Me: Sigh, nevermind.

It works, most of the time. There isn't actually any alternative.

You have to refresh to page every single time you use it, or else it doesn't work.

Terry

Bewertet am 22.6.2018

An absolute staple for any e-commerce business.

After trying just about everything else out there, Shipstation is as close to a perfect solution as you'll find. It helped me save over an hour each day, time that I was then able to spend on actually growing my business. It was a stretch to think of anything I didn't like - which speaks volumes about the software.

Integration with most major platforms and channels - it communicates back and forth between your Shopify, Amazon, eBay, etc. accounts to mark orders shipped and email the customer.
Discounted shipping labels - The subscription pays for itself with how inexpensive the labels are.
Automated tracking emails - create your own template and look the part of other major e-commerce stores.

Can get a little confusing when dealing with international shipments but their support team is definitely top notch and can help you sort out the issues quickly.

Brenda

Bewertet am 16.3.2020

ShipStation - Making retail life easy

Overall, I am satisfied with ShipStation. Its integration with our website makes it effortlessly easy to get orders out the door. I do not picture ever letting go of ShipStation.

Believe it or not, it's the little things that I enjoy about ShipStation. One of my favorites is the "Tags" feature. Being able to color coordinate particular orders is great! Aside from placing orders "On Hold", certain orders have to be identified and tagged. By tagging them, this allows us to avoid errors. Again, it's the little things that make a difference.

Shipstation's "Rate Calculator" could be better. Every time I utilize this feature, it gives me inaccurate rates. I mainly utilize this feature to give accounts quoted rates but after a handful of them turned out to be incorrect, I've had to go around it.

898 Bewertungen