QuickBooks Desktop Pro Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks Pro hilft dabei, den Prozess der Rechnungsstellung und -erstellung sowie die Verwaltung von Arbeitsaufträgen über ein einziges Abstimmungsfenster zu automatisieren. Mit der Funktion „Bank Account Reconciliation“ können...

4,2

Ayesha
Ayesha
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 24.8.2022

Highest Effective Accounting Software!

I've been utilizing this software for a while now. The best accounting software comes from facts. It offers all the features required for routine accounting work. But it does need some guidance and practice. If an accountant starts with the right skills for using the software, he won't need any other alternatives.

It is widely utilized on a large scale. Customers are at ease utilizing it. It gives flawless data reporting and synchronizes with other platforms and software. This makes all accounting tasks simple. The wonderful thing is that it advances daily.

The cost is the only negative aspect. Undoubtedly, it is a worthwhile investment, but less privileged users would benefit much from flexible planning.

Peter
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 28.11.2023

QuickBooks Desktop the elephant in the room

It works and a lot of people know it. You can get yourself into more trouble than with some similarly priced products, but the are not as easy to use.

Easy to use and learn and a lot of people know it.

Technical support is not the best and it should be a lot better.

Warum QuickBooks Desktop Pro gewählt wurde

No longer supported by manufacturer (Sage) and not very many experts out there.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Gründe für den Wechsel zu QuickBooks Desktop Pro

We are still suspicious of the cloud and our internet is not 100% up.
KATHY

Bewertet am 2.4.2024

Quick Top Desktop

Ease of use in order to accomplish day to day activities.

THE EXPENSE OF HAVING TO PAY FOR IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

Die besten Alternativen zu QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Elizabeth
  • Branche: Baumaterial
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 9.5.2024

QuickBooks review from Eli

It's ok I use assistance feature quite a bit

The assistance available for services I don't understand

The hours of customer service are limited to day only

Lisa
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 18.2.2024

The best there is for desktop accounts packages

I struggled with Sage for about 3 years. Came across this software, learned it in a day and (not exaggerating), it really did change my life. Excellent software, great customer service, loved it. I'd recommend it to all clients and friends. However, times have moved on again, and now its all about being cloud based.

I liked the budgeting feature, the auto invoicing, and the fact that you could have more than one company on the one desktop license. You didn't have to keep buying the license like on the online version.

If you are working on the books with someone else, you have to make sure that you back up your work, save and send, and that you're always working on the most up to date version of the software. I don't think its being supported by Intuit anymore, so you can't add payroll and soon I think it'll be obsolete.

Oralee
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 9.8.2023

Great program if they would quit pushing the online services and extra expenses

Overall I like the program

Pretty simple to use and customize ,easy to download bank statements and do reports.

Extra costs, they want you to do everything on line and push you to pay more. Everything costs extra, support, payroll, updating etc.

Sage 50cloud Accounting und Zoho Desk

Warum QuickBooks Desktop Pro gewählt wurde

Excel was too complicated for volunteers

Gründe für den Wechsel zu QuickBooks Desktop Pro

The program was available through techsoup.org for non-profits at a great price.
Adam

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

Good product

Ease of use for features I require. Good.

I can’t manage two businesses with one account.

Diana
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 5.4.2024

Good for basics

It is easy to use and good for a general bookkeeping and tracking for financial services. Also very versatile for various industries.

Lacks some functions of other programs. A little too basic for special requests.

Felicia
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 25.3.2024

Invoices and billing made easy

Overall I have had little issues, its been great for helping me keep track of resident invoices.

I love how easy it is to add a new customer and get their invoices going right away.

There was recently a new update to the look of things, took me a minute to navigate but once I figured it out, it was easy peasy

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 29.3.2024

Bookeeping

i really like i am a tax advisor and plan on getting certified to be a pro advisor

There's really no comparison. When you are trying to level up as a business owner there really no better platform

the cost and learning how to use . you really should use an accountant

Rhiannon
  • Branche: Musik

Bewertet am 7.1.2021

Great product, support is lacking

It's affordable for small business compared to the big accounting suites. (ADVICE: Unless you are not up on payroll and other law changes each year, there is no reason to upgrade yearly. I upgrade every 4 years.) I only wish they would stop asking me to switch to the online version because it has far less features and costs a lot more to run, especially if you only upgrade every few years as I do.

Quickbooks has countless features, many I am still discovering after using it 12 fiscal years. I am not an accountant but I have done my own bookkeeping for years and found it very easy to learn.
I particularly like the bulk input for transactions, which is a huge time saver. The layout editor for forms allows me to customize my invoices, estimates, and receipts. Inventory is easy to track. I also appreciate the customizable fields for customers in the address book, unlike some other programs.

The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful. I needed to convert some data and made an appointment, I kid you not, 8 times and each time the support person didn't call me until days later. Eventually they stopped even replying. This is a big red flag to me when a company's support drops. (And this was well before Covid, so they cannot use that excuse.)
They could also have much better functionality for importing CSV and other data to spare me entering it manually. Lastly, the limitation to be locked into one currency forever is frustrating.
The tax payment functionality is very buggy and I had to start my own wiki to navigate the various menus as they are not at all intuitive.
Ideally they would allow vendor bills to be entered but to delay inventory items in the system should a vendor require payment up-front before goods are shipped. This has caused inventory quantity issues many times.
The pressure to switch to the online version is ridiculous. They even removed the automatic foreign currency rate adjustments/updates in an attempt to force us to move to a new version. Not cool! If the functionality was there, why cancel it?
Lastly, be prepared to deal with a random data corruption issue every couple years. This is scary as heck when Quickbooks won't open or reconciliation numbers are damaged and no longer add up. Support is useless helping with this but I have found tricks on my own to repair it.

Quicken

Warum QuickBooks Desktop Pro gewählt wurde

I needed inventory tracking and auto currency features.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quicken didn't have the multi-currency functionality I need.
Brenton

Bewertet am 16.9.2021

QuickBooks Desktop is Fast, Customizable and Easy. Best of the Best.

Accounts payable is amazing. From tracking bills to writing checks to entering vendors. So easy. It also helps to make sure your 1099's are correct and in place for year end. Printing checks is a piece of cake and consistently easy!
Accounts receivable is awesome. Whether you are tracking tenants or customers, they can be easily set up.
Weekly, Monthly and Year End reporting can be done in a click of a 3 buttons, seriously. 3 Buttons pulls up your common report batches. Then you can print, save and email them.

When sending reports by pdf, I'd like to preview them first and adjust how they appear. Sometimes they can appear all wonky and not clean. The work around is to print to pdf. Then you can do it, just one extra step though.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I'll attach what I posted above... The questions most people have is QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. As a bookkeeper with multiple clients, it's a no brainer for me, QuickBooks Desktop!!! I refuse to work with QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Desktop is lightning fast. There are numerous shortcuts with the keyboard that help process the daily routines. With being online, those keyboard shortcuts go away and now you have no move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse. It may not seem like much, but it's huge. The reporting features in QuickBooks Desktop are superior too. Yeah, your customer may not be able to have 24/7 access to their books, but if you're doing your job properly and getting them timely reports, most shouldn't need that.
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 17.11.2023

QuickBooks Desktop Pro: The CornerStone Bookkeeping Software

Overall, it's a wonderful product that is the cornerstone of the bookkeeping industry. The features and functions are plentiful and the computing power is enough for most small businesses and any startup.

Most existing accounting pros know this software well enough to jump into a client copy or backup copy to send back to the client etc. For years, this has been the value play in accounting software due to being able to host multiple companies under one subscription. Features are plentiful, more than you'll probably need unless you're running a large operation with many accounting staff.

Lack of cloud based development environment is the number one con for QuickBooks Desktop Pro. It seems like much more (friendly) integration is available through QuickBooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu QuickBooks Desktop Pro

We chose desktop for construction purposes, building assets, we wanted to use items in the traditional way they're used inside desktop.
Tony
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft

Bewertet am 14.2.2023

Quickbooks Desktop Premier Plus

We have been using Quickbooks for years. Apparently, their goal is to get you "hooked" on the software and go up on the prices every year. There are several add-ons that can be used, for a separate fee of course, such as Payroll. We do our own Payroll at my company so this makes things much easier. However, adding additional services can get quite expensive and they tend to change plans almost every year. They are now charging annually for software that we use to be able to purchase once and then use for 3 years. Those days are gone.

This is a great product for income as well as expense tracking. We enter every transaction that comes through our company and we can easily compare previous years earnings and losses, up to date

This product is way too expensive for a small business and unless you have been using the software for years, it is very difficult to understand and use. Customer support is lacking when it comes to unusual problems. It seems their customer support team can only "change batteries" so to speak.

Quicken, Zoho Books, FreshBooks und NetSuite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Because we have always used this software and with our rather large database, I was leary of changing
Warren
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 15.1.2023

Quickbooks - Stable and easy to use

Our migration to QuickBooks was very smooth, mainly down to the simple layout within the software. Anyone can be easily trained to use it quickly.

The favorite part for us and our accounts tram, is the ease of the GUI and layout. It's incredibly simple to navigate the different areas of the software and quick to get to where you need to.

The website does offer support when you need it, but its not the most intuitive. When we have had problems or questions, the telephone support is fantastic.

SAP Business One

Warum QuickBooks Desktop Pro gewählt wurde

We wanted to move to a non Microsoft 365 product, and read the reviews on QuickBooks and was thoroughly impressed.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Dynamics 365

Gründe für den Wechsel zu QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks was more well known by accountants that w spoke to.
Keith
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Bewertet am 10.6.2021

Find something else

I'd rather have cancer

Its ok when it works. We have several compaines within QB and for the most part it does what we need, its when you have an issue though is where you better buckle up and start practicing meditation.

Absolute 0 support. Wait times for support are usually several hours and we've had issues drag on unresolved for weeks. If you manage to get a hold of them and don't get disconnected, the techs will recommend the same fix as the other agents you speak with ( even though they didn't fix the issue the previous 15 attempts), and when they cant solve it, they typically just end the call. Getting a ticket escalated is next to impossible. Of the many software companies I have dealt with, Quickbooks support is by far and away the worst.

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Big name - poor decision on our end ultimately
Amy

Bewertet am 10.9.2019

Customer Service is USELESS

The program is fine but my overall customer service experience is horrendous. At no time have I called to resolve an issue and actually had someone on the phone with enough knowledge ( or any knowledge of the product at all ) to help me through my issue. I usually wind up using trial and error to figure it out on my own.

The basic functions are very easy to use. For the most part it is a good book keeping program. Do Not try to do anything that is NOT BASIC.

If you need to do something a little more advanced than normal it is very difficult to figure out how to do it and customer service is USELESS! The support team has never used the product and it shows every time I call.

Antwort von Intuit

Thanks for posting your honest review, Amy. This isn't the perception we hoped you'd have of the software. Our goal is to provide the best accounting software, along with support should you ever need it. It's discouraging this wasn't achieved for you, but we'd appreciate the chance to improve your outlook on QuickBooks. For a different way to get assistance, we recommend visiting the Community. In this space, you'll find an assortment of comprehensive articles. If you don't see the exact info you're looking for, you can post your own unique question to receive expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

We wish you and your business continued success.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Beantwortet am 11.9.2019
Sylvia
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 22.9.2022

QB Desktop Pro Is A Great All In One Small Business Solution.

My overall experience has been that it's great for my purposes. I have not had the need to look elsewhere as QB does everything I need it to do.

I like the fact that I can do all my invoicing with various different types of forms. It is also super easy to send Purchase Orders, check inventory, change pricing for items etc. It's a great all in one tool for running a Small Business. I also like the fact that the Desktop version is much cheaper than the online version where the subscription never ends. They try to justify it by saying you will have an updated version each year, but I have used the Desktop first in 2013 then didn't upgrade again until 2020. There wasn't really anything different aside from the fact that I couldn't get updates for the 2013 version anymore and some things were not working properly anymore. Other than that you can get many years of use off a one time payment rather than the expensive subscription for QB Online.

I don't like when certain glitches happen and there is no way to fix them. For example, I used to be able to set Thunderbird as my default email client when QB was going to send an email. All of a sudden, the selected email wouldn't open anymore in Thunderbird, and would only send through QB. I hate doing it that way because it doesn't save a copy in my sent folder. I tried to get help from QB but they had no solution to provide. I still don't know if it was a glitch or a change that happened because of an update because a lot of the support team don't even know much.

Mike
  • Branche: Bau

Bewertet am 7.6.2017

Quick Books Pro online is awesome, scalable for large and small organization

Great value, when possible still work with a book keeper and accountant.

My business is only 2.5 years old and I have used QuickBooks from the beginning. I did my own accounting up to a few months ago as my business has grown and I don't have time to do it anymore myself. My experience with the desk top version 2015 was ok, but I wanted didn't fit my needs well as I traveled 90% of the time. When I subscribed to Quick Books Pro Online, my experience has been nothing but positive. The interface is easy to use, and its rich feature set allowed me to activate job costing features as I needed them. Now that we are in the 2 to 3 million range my book keeper and Accountant log in and use my same subscription. I save on accounting costs as I can pull my own reports which are easy to find and customize and do not need the Part time CFO(except quarterly) feedback as I can get it on my own. We will probably double or triple are gross sales next year and have no plans to change our accounting platform. Support comes free with the online version.

Subscription charges double your second year of using the product. The first year you get a bundled deal to experience all of the different pay services offered by Intuit. The first year is great, but after that it can get pricey. We aren't going to change accounting platforms, but for smaller companies, you will want to scale down to the minimum subscription amount to fit your needs.
You also have to buy checks directly from Intuit as they don't support third party cheaper check services(There are services you can print your bank information on the cheaper checks, but all come with set up fees).
Online App for your phone still needs work. For me this is the weakest link in Intuits online platform. It is getting better, but still not where it needs to be. You can add expenses now and also send invoices which are improvements, but still lacking,

Lamini

Bewertet am 26.10.2023

Efficient and Comprehensive Financial Management with QuickBooks Desktop Pro

My overall experience with QuickBooks Desktop Pro has been positive. As a Senior Tax Manager and Director of Finance, it offers a comprehensive suite of financial tools, though it could be more user-friendly for those with limited accounting expertise. It greatly streamlines financial and tax management tasks.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro has been invaluable for me as a Senior Tax Manager and Director of Finance. Its comprehensive financial tools, including accounting, payroll, and tax management, offer an all-in-one solution. I appreciate the extensive customization options, allowing me to tailor reports and documents to my organization's specific needs. The integration with financial reporting streamlines data tracking and analysis. It excels in tax compliance, reducing the risk of errors and audits. The user-friendly interface accommodates varying accounting expertise levels, and its scalability ensures it grows with the business. In summary, QuickBooks Desktop Pro simplifies financial management for professionals in tax and finance.

While QuickBooks Desktop Pro offers comprehensive financial tools, it can be complex for those with limited accounting knowledge. The software may benefit from more user-friendly features for individuals and small businesses without dedicated financial departments.

Ron
Ron
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 3.6.2022

Solid product

Good experience! I highly recommend this software.

This is just a very good all purpose accounting software application. It has all the features you will need to run a small business. The desktop interface is easy in part because Inuit has leveraged familiar tactile forms in the user interface. (Entering a cheque, looks like a cheque). Lots of time saving features such as “Quick Add”, “Memorized Transactions”, etc. make repetitive tasks easy. A variety of valuable business rules are incorporated into the functions of the software based on configurable Preferences.

I think the biggest detraction from the software is Intuit’s support. I have used Quickbooks for over 18 years and I have learned how avoid most issues, but if I encounter an error, I know it’s the start of a painful process. It can be a hit or miss experience as I have reached some good support staff. But in general, Intuit makes it very difficult (by design) to communicate with support. There are very few defects that remain (example: recording a PST commission has never worked correctly), but again, over time I have found work arounds. Some of the features such as banking integration were good concepts, but have not been refined to make them useful for the average user. Maybe there is a way to configure this functionality to work as desired, but again the lack of access to good support staff has caused me to give up on this feature.

Shannon
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

Bewertet am 12.6.2019

QuickBooks Desktop Review

Some of the benefits that has helped is producing individual statements to send to out clients. This feature is nice since you can produce only a few statement at a time, since it may not be necessary to produce a whole batch at one time.

I like how the reconcile feature works under the banking section. It allows the user to make changes by leaving the reconcile screen to make any changes within the QuickBooks program, and it still holds everything where you left off, which keeps the user from having to start over. Once complete, it creates the reconciliation detail report and a summary report, which is easy to print, or save in electronic file.

My biggest frustration is just learning how to use the software. Their is always a learning curve to learning a new software program. To help with learning QuickBooks, I took a class at a local community college to learn and understand how QuickBooks works. It is also helpful to have some accounting knowledge with learning QuickBooks.

Antwort von Intuit

No one wants to do the same work twice, so you can count on us to save your progress while reconciling, Shannon. There can be a bit of a learning curve with the software, but we're positive that you can master it. We also have some great resources to help you get there, like our Community space. Here you can find helpful articles and post questions which are answered by fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: community.intuit.com

Thanks for the amazing review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

Beantwortet am 22.8.2019
Vassili
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 15.11.2022

Good overall

QB is easy to use even for someone who doesn't come from accounting background. I would strongly recommend that you enlist the help of your CPA to setup your accounts correctly in the beginning, it will save you a lot of time and headache. If your accounts are setup properly and you remember to enter your transactions and make sure your books balance it mostly works flawlessly, will be a good accounting system for years. As it is de-facto industry standard it is also easy to share information with your CPA

-Easy to use. Set it up correctly and a lot of things simply happen naturally- Good reports. They provide good info out of the box and you can customize them- Very solid billing/invoicing- Easy to share with your CPA

Sometimes things don't work right and as they have the monopoly they have no urge to fix them. Example: the software will not automatically apply credits to invoices or show them, you have to remember that the customer has credit.Also while their support is good overall and will genuinely try to help you sometimes you bump into completely incompetent reps. Then sometimes they just stick to the script and say they basically cannot do anything for you

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 17.4.2018

We love it - when it works

I personally did not choose this software and would readily change to another software if it was my choice.

It's a real workhorse and it does everything that we need it to do in the realm of accounting and payroll for our small business.

Customer service is Very bad. We upgrade every year, but we spend at least 4 or 5 hours two or three times on the phone until they get it right. We have three user licenses and five computers (some users have laptops), and somehow the company file gets inaccessible and other problems keep returning. One person did something to one computer and it never worked right again, and they actually told us on the phone that they don't guarantee that what they do remotely isn't going to screw up the computer. We're in the middle of another "upgrade" right now, and again, they've managed to screw up the network. We host our company file on one computer, and all the other ones have to access it there, yet they installed the new software as "store file on this computer" for all of them yesterday. Today, we're on the phone (going on three hours) again, this time to undo all the screwups from yesterday. NOT pleased. Also, now we have to save the accountant file to media and hand deliver b/c the file is "too big" and the only way to solve that is to compress all the old data, which we need to be able to use frequently. Not happy with the customer service.

Robert
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen

Bewertet am 7.12.2023

I liked it, until...

I enjoyed it and was reluctant to move away from QB Desktop. We have moved to QB Online very recently because we kept hearing that Intuit intends to discontinue Desktop Pro and Premium, and they moved the price to an annual subscription price rather than a product purchase price which made the cost very high. the [sensitive content hidden] also wanted to switch. I had resisted for some time because QB Desktop was so functional, easy to work with, and I knew it well. It is for this reason that I don't recommend Desktop any more unless you are a large enterprise, or want to spend the money for Desktop Enterprise. We didn't have the need, nor desire to spend that money.

Quickbooks Online has much improved functionality and I quickly found myself liking it, to my surprise. I still don't like Intuit support. I do like their products.

I could figure out almost everything about it. I liked access to multiple windows open so that I could go between tasks/reports quickly. I was very familiar with this project having used it on and off for 20 years. I liked customizing reports.

Importing credit card data was frustrating at times. The functionality was ok, though problematic and times. I could work around it.

1 974 Bewertungen