Homebase Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Homebase

Homebase ist eine cloudbasierte Zeiterfassungs- und Planungslösung, die Personalabteilungen bei der Organisation und Verwaltung von Mitarbeitereinsatzplänen, Arbeitszeittabellen und Gehaltsabrechnungen unterstützt. Die Lösung...

Nutzerbewertungen zu Homebase durchsuchen

993 von 993 Bewertungen
Cheryl
Cheryl
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 17.8.2022

Game Changer

Finally getting up to speed with technology. We had so many issues with our previous time clock provider, I'm so glad we found Homebase!

Being able to use the software anywhere and have the ability to change the schedule, communicate with staff, find coverage and my staff to always be up to date with what's going on.

Sometimes staff tell me they don't get notifications of schedule change when I post it.

Luis
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 12.6.2023

Good online time tracking with a free option

Overall, timekeeping and producing the reports is very easy and intuitive. However dealing with adjustments can be very time consuming and frustrating.

I really liked the fact that employees can clock in on their own phone or on a shared kiosk.

The most challenging part about using Homebase was when making time entry corrections. It forces you to click into an entry, wait for a popup, make the change, hit save. You need to start the whole process for a different entry. This is very time consuming when you're on a deadline. A spreadsheet like functionality to make these changes would be very helpful, as I've seen them on other solutions. This is the one reason I switched to another product.

QuickBooks Time und When I Work

Warum Homebase gewählt wurde

Was being open to trying other solutions.

Zuvor genutzte Software

When I Work

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

The trial option made it easy to sign up and try it out.
Earl
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 6.2.2024

Great Scheduling Software for businesses of all sizes

Overall we love homebase. We started out using it as a test with just 1 location now we use it for 9 different businesses. Some of them have office staff, some remote/traveling staff that use GPS on app clock in/clock out and some have staff that clock in when they get to work using on location computers. It couldn't be quicker to set up and get started and the fact that you have a forever schedule history is an awesome feature. Plus depending on the features you need - you can try it out for free (as in free free - their starting price point is zero)

Simple interface, quick timesheet edits and complete edit/history tracking for all changes made to anything in their system.

The applicant tracking and job posting system is terrible. No app integration, mixed up listings if you have multiple businesses with different names, only one landing page listing jobs for all your locations combined...the list goes on. Skip this unless you are only one location or all of your businesses share the same brand/name.

Die besten Alternativen zu Homebase

Della K
  • Branche: Sicherheit & Untersuchungen

Bewertet am 29.9.2022

Honeymoon phase is definitely over........contemplating a "divorce".

Heartbroken, disgusted....and anything else I didn't mention above.

In 2018 everything was so great and at an incredible price, by my second year as a monthly subscriber I upgraded my plan, in spite of the problem integrating homebase timecards with my QuickBooks payroll, and had to manually enter the data personally. I loved being able to see the total hours per employee when creating a schedule, until one day it disappeared. Still undeterred, I loved the ability to access the app from any mobile device and desktop. Only androids & Desktops access the app easily and iphones or ipads come with headaches. I fell in love with the ease, simplicity and it's sexy platform look of this time tracking/management app, until one day everything changed and I lost my ability to view time cards all on one screen. Little issues were just an alert in the far upper right corner like a nudge. Now they scream in double size that takes up half the monitor, leaving only an inch or two to view time cards accompanied with a lot of scrolling. Nowadays I'm afraid to login and be greeted by a scowling dashboard with a list of issues nagging to be resolved. Issues caused by employees that can't log in or out and got tired of uninstalling and reinstalling the app as a temporary fix. I knew my relationship with homebase was reaching a bitter end when without so much as a "heads up" warning there would be an increase to my subscription (almost $20.00 more). When I said "Oh h#!! NO!" and lowered it to essentials...

I was denied the ability to manage my PTO mandated sick leave pay feature that never matched QuickBooks anyway, and the feature to assign different roles/rate of pay for different jobs among my existing employees. I now have a default pay rate/role homebase deems as "fitting". After a 5 year relationship with all the little things I loved, I can have back if I pay $20.00 more a month. Out of some "disturbed" sense I felt I owed to Homebase, I emailed support with an offer to pay a small increase but not at their ridiculous price with it's 15 features included that I would never use. If they can't find my request reasonable and let me pay only for what I use, I will fly into the arms of another app that gives me the basic features for free. The email was sent last week and long past the "24 hour" promise to respond. I never called out their promised "money back guarantee" after 5 years and the inability to integrate their application with my payroll system......Seriously? How much alimony is it worth? No, it's too late now. I'm divorcing homebase from my company forever.

Brooke
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 13.12.2023

Very satisfied healthcare manager

Switching to homebase has made our staff much more efficient.

Homebase employee scheduling is very user friendly and adaptable to meet our individual needs.

I wish the PTO tracking was more adaptable.

Laura
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 21.12.2023

Intuitive Software

This program is well-designed, intuitive, visually appealing, and easy to use. The support staff are very helpful and friendly. It has also been incredibly beneficial to be able to use our choice of platform (PC, tablet, etc.) for clocking in/out and also using the software on the administrative side.

So far, there is nothing that I dislike about Homebase!

ADP Workforce Now

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

The price point was a huge influence. Aside from that, after watching the walkthrough video on how the program works and how flexible the options were, we decided to give the free trial a shot and plan to continue to use their services even after the trial period ends.
Isaac
  • Branche: Restaurants

Bewertet am 11.12.2023

Homebase excels in what it does!

The ease of use for HR Administrators and Managers.

Menu on side doesn't allow to show all available options

Lightspeed Restaurant

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

Free trial allowed to test out all premium features
Mike
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen

Bewertet am 8.1.2024

Small business Gem

Easy of use . Homebase makes my day easier instead of harder!

I wish the reports were more helpful. They do know help me much.

Ikiera
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 10.1.2024

Homebase Reviews

I loved using this app to clock in, never froze on me once, it’s super easy to navigate through & the purple color adds a nice vibrant touch

I love how easy it is to use, it’s not complicated at all, this is the best system for scheduling, timesheet management, and payroll purposes. I can check everything in a few minutes

I honestly don’t have anything that I don’t like about this software

Libbie
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 15.2.2024

I only use it to keep track of hours for payroll but it's easy and inexpensive.

Homebase keeps track of everyone's hours.

There is nothing that I really dislike about it.

• Branche: Bau

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

Best virtual timeclock for your money

Overall, my experience has been great with Homebase. Coming from manual punch clock, I've cut down my payroll process by at least 80%. It is easy to use (original software version is easy, new version is a little too messy so I haven't switched to the new view.) I still enter hours manually into QBO, because Homebase doesn't split regular and overtime hours. Not a big deal.

*A couple wishes*

1. I wish there to be a button when employees punch out that says "Did you take a lunch break?" (Yes or No) Reason for this feature - I don't make our employees go to the iPad at lunch to "Take a break" when it's lunch time. I would have a line up of workers waiting to punch in and out because our entire company shuts down all at once for lunch. That way, when some employees DO work through their lunch break, they can just say "No" to the question "Did you take a lunch break" when they clock out at the end of the day. Currently, everyday I log into Homebase and manually add each employee's lunch break, except if they leave me a note saying "No Lunch".

2. It would be great if time card notes for a whole current pay period could be amalgamated into one document as I am processing payroll. I currently have to dig through each time card to find notes of employees asking for vacay pay, sick days, mileage etc. If I just had a list of all the notes and names for that weeks pay, I can check off each note as I add their request into QBO.

Overall, I am still very happy with Homebase.

What I like most about Homebase is that it doesn't break the bank to put in a virtual timeclock system. It integrates with Quickbooks online and it is easy to use.

1. It does allow for a little customization, but not advanced enough for the way I run payroll.
2. It does not send separate regular hours and overtime hours to QBO.

Timesheets.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

100% for the price difference. Timesheets is so overpriced. Thank you for providing your software for such a reasonable amount of money. It makes a huge difference during this pandemic.
Allison

Bewertet am 17.9.2021

Fairly good for scheduling, could use some work

We are utilizing the HR function. It is nice to be able to send in questions and get responses from HR professionals. The help desk is responsive and usually helpful

Being able to create a base schedule of open shifts as a template is nice. You apply the template to the week, and then you can drag and drop the shifts onto employees. You must use a computer for this to work. The auto-scheduling feature can give you a good starting point but has flaws that make it impossible to publish a schedule using only auto-scheduling.

I would like more categories than owner, manager, employee. With more options of who can see what information. Auto schedule feature needs improvement to not schedule people on doubles and multiple locations at the same time. They've made a number of improvements over the years, but I sometimes think they are trying to add too many new features when they need to perfect the features already available first.

• Branche: Gastgewerbe

Bewertet am 16.9.2020

I love Homebase and recommend it to other business owners

I love it. I recommend it all the time to other Camp Bow Wow owners. Whether or not you know it, Homebase is utilized by many many Camp Bow Wow owners and all always speak highly of your product.

Everything. For starters, it's very user friendly. I also love the scheduling, time sheet integration, PTO, chat/messaging, integration w/ Clover is HUGE. Having the COVID checklist when clocking in is also a great addition.

Homebase has some small glitches or bugs here and there but we look past that. For instance, although it's been a month or two now that I've heard an employee speak about this, Homebase does not always give you a notification when you receive a chat message.

Marybeth

Bewertet am 24.7.2020

Great POS system for a Sports Bar/ Restaurant

Scheduling is a breeze. I love i can duplicate schedules from weeks or months ago...sure saves time! It is great that I can Blackout dates that no staff can request off. It is great that staff can message each other or let the team know when a shift is available...to switch or cover for another person. I can send out a welcome message to the team when a new employee starts too...super easy to add staff as well!

It is nice to choose the apps that will work for your type of business. We are a sports bar, and it was perfect for us. It feels so good to not have a bunch of added items you dont use on your POS!!!

It seems to slow up at times, but it resolves quickly.
I don't like that we purchased a tablet and that will be outdated so it no longer is supported or provided updates. The tablet is convenient, easy to use and we use it for training new staff!

Square Point of Sale

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

it was cost effective for what we wanted to do.
Grace
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 20.2.2020

Easy to manage staff

instead of emailing we started using this app to manage schedules (which were done on paper before!) and to send messages to staff, like hey team i'm going to be late this morning, or on Friday we can wear jeans to work! It has made our team much more cohesive and together. now we all know what is going on!

Most of our staff is young and are on their phones all the time anyways. This app made scheduling a breeze with requests to switch shifts and time off easy to fill and move around hours. Plus there was no more second guessing what time you were scheduled for or who is off. Also you have the ability to message staff through the app which has made interoffice communication much better!

The free version only allows 1 manager- I recommend upgrading and letting a manager from every department be able to manage their employees coverage. otherwise it gets a bit overwhelming for 1 manager. Occasionally the app will not let me in asking me to enter a verification code, that is a bit annoying.

UKG Ready

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

the free trial is what worked well for us, that way we could try it our before we invested to much time into it
Megan
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 30.11.2020

Affordable scheduling software

I use the scheduling portion the most. Once a time-off request is approved, it will remind you when you go to schedule some to work on their scheduled time off. This eliminates scheduling errors. I can also look at each location quickly if I need to shift employees around if I am shorthanded.

I like that I am able to link all of my locations within one application. I can easily schedule someone for multiple sites and assign specific duties, send messages, approve or decline time-off, etc.

I do not like that I can't edit someone's information when they take ownership of their account. I have some that forget passwords and not update their personal information like phone numbers and email addresses.

Scott

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

We LOVE Homebase!

Homebase is the best scheduling platform I’ve used since I’ve been in the business nearly 20 years.

Homebase has all of the features that our small business needs from scheduling, to forecasting, employee messaging, business development tools, and it is all incredibly intuitive and easy to use! I’ve used several scheduling platforms over the years and we’ll stick with Homebase from here on out!

There’s nothing to not like about this product. The customer service is top notch so if you ever have an issue, it will be resolved to your satisfaction and they’re always inquiring about potential features we may be interested in.

Jessie
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Homebase

It was ok. Not great. But ok. If functionality could take a step up it would be great.

In theory many of the functions were great on homebase. The alerts, allowing managers to handle the schedule, and remote sign in were some of the reasons we went with the product. We also loved the break calculator.

There are features that just done work well. We turned off the text messages but still receive texts about people forgetting to sign out or hitting overtime. Managers can’t see all needed reports. And there were a few times things just completely didn’t work. It would be nice is Homebase reminded people to take breaks at a certain time etc.

Timesheets.com

Warum Homebase gewählt wurde

Cost per employee and functions

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

Some of the features that didn’t work well were the reasons we swapped.
Heather
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Bewertet am 24.11.2020

Great option for the price-point

Overall Homebase has been a great scheduling software for our business, ticking almost every box we were looking for. We especially needed a way for employees to log in and out of different departments (which they do as needed and not according to a clock) during a shift that IS scheduled. We've been able to make Homebase work for that specific need.
We appreciated the flexibility of allowing employees to clock in/out on a central laptop or tablet, or letting them use their phones through the app with a geo-boundary over our office, and then when the pandemic hit, we removed the geo-boundary to allow them to clock in and out from their homes.

Pros:
*Free option
*Customizable - we're able to use it for employees to log in and out of the different unscheduled departments/roles they do within a scheduled shift. Makes it easy to track manhours and payroll by department when the people working in each department changes throughout each day.
*The app
*Easy to use
*Great additional features like job posting and document storage/sharing, PTO tracking

Cons:
*Getting the PTO tracking to work for us has been a long wait.
*Employees experience a lot of glitches of punches not going through.
*Takes forever to enter a schedule in the separate "available" and "actual" schedules. I would like to take a posted availability schedule and just make it be their working schedule with one click. Scheduling takes a bit of time, but isn't hard.

Becky
  • Branche: Restaurants

Bewertet am 5.3.2021

we LOVE homebase.

Such a great experience - and they are so helpful too!

We have a few off-site jobs, not another location - but we are a food truck. So our shifts, timing, and dates and regularity change ALL the time. Homebase allows you to create and manipulate shifts, their names, times, etc. A lot of other platforms do now have as much customization available. AND its easy to create and change templates, as well as create and change schedules from a computer, phone, or ipad.

I wish we had options for printing, so that we could manipulate the format a little bit more. But its still quite strong. Also, sometimes the communication between our POS and Homebase has issues. Not too often, but it would be so, so nice if they spoke to each other and updated more smoothly.

The Eatery & More

Before, our business was using paper schedules and there would always be problems when it needed to be changed for whatever reason. Homebase has helped us better communicated with one another. People can see their schedule where ever they are and can talk to team-members whenever needed. It has been a great asset to our business.

I like that my team all have access to the schedule as soon as it comes out. The ability for them to request days off on the app is amazing because I do not have to remember all the days, it comes up while I'm making the schedule. The ability for my team to clock in and out on their phones makes it easy and efficient and the ability to track where they did so is very reassuring. Everyone on the team is also able to message on it which means everyone can be in contact even without everyone sharing their phone numbers. The ability for the team to see who they are working with and in what positions is a great bonus too.

I would love to be able to put on the schedule that we are closed on certain days (for holidays or other reasons) just as a reminder for the team. I would also like an option to remove employees without having to terminate them. In cases with students going back to college but working on breaks or families taking maternity leave, they don't need to notifications from Homebase, but they are still planning on continuing to work later on.

Jake
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 11.7.2019

Underrated Product

5 stars is not enough stars. If you get this product, you'll be thrilled. I only have a small business (2 locations, 6 employees), and I use a lot of the features, but I don't need all of them. But it's clear to me that as we grow, Homebase will be able to accommodate, easily.

Homebase is easy to use, quick, and effective. There is practically no learning curve for new employees. Scheduling is a breeze, as is running reports for payroll. It gives me quick reporting to see my business performance, even when I'm not there I can see how the shops are performing. Clock-in features work great. Customer service and troubleshooting (not that you'll even need it) are seriously amazing. This team treats you like your problem is their main priority.

I wish the date selection feature still said the day of the week like it used to. It says July 10 2019, but it used to say Wednesday July 10 2019. I mean... that's all I can think of that I would change... and that's kind of a non-issue.

Dennis
  • Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt

Bewertet am 28.7.2020

Great for the service industry, not for manufacturing

I enjoy using homebase for the ease of use of my employees and the app, but as amanger it is quite a cumbersome process to fix issues and a time waste of my day almost everyday. I can see the benefit and the future capabilities of this paltform and am sticking with it because i beleive this product will advance and become much better over time.

The ease of use for my employees to clock in and out. Geofencing

Three are arbitrary rules in place such as:
1)I cannot select a timeframe longer than 30 days to run payroll for a 31 day month.
2)I cannot clock an employee in earlier than 8 hours a scheduled shift. I have to alter their initial shift to allow for the time slack
3)I cannot have a salaried employee on the schedule without dealing with many issues about them missing their shifts or the annoying other messages after I resolved that issue (I keep them on the schedule so I know when they are supposed to be in as well as an accurate accounting of cash burn)
4)The programming on the front-end seems to be hastily made with many lags and timeouts when updating time cards or trying to perform functions that require the javascript (i think, I haven't opened the developer console on it yet) to perform quickly. basically the server or some other reason keeps it running slow and my function is logged but times out quickly.

Basecamp und monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

the app and the easy to use schedule maker
Martha

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

If you own a business, you must have Homebase.

It was a life safer for us. one of our employees demolished our former time clock system. I went online to find something to save us, that we could afford, covid 19 had us closed for 2 months. No money coming in.
There your company was, easy to set up, could use any where we could get on internet, we have 10 computers in the building.

The Time Clock. is very vital to us. Also the fact that it shows the break. It shows me if they didn't clock out for there break. our employees are told when they are hired, if you don't take you break.... thanks for the donation, it will be subtracted from your time.
The scheduling is just as important, people need to know when they work, it is wonderful that it goes to there phones, not just hanging on a wall, for them to say, " I didn't know"

I really really wish I could copy and paste in the scheduling part.

Anna
Anna

Bewertet am 29.7.2020

Good stuff

I really like the geo clock and functioning with employees using their mobile phones instead of store equipment

Cost and reporting could be more detailed to be more HR equipped

Square Point of Sale